New film camera tested.

Fraser Euan White

Suspended / Banned
Name
Fraser White
Edit My Images
Yes
I always loved the look of newspaper style images from the 1980's and, although digital gives superb IQ I was struggling to find a look I really liked for street photography.

Anyway.........to cut a long story short I purchased a Nikon F3 (a camera I dreamed of owning as a teenager - I had a Nikon FE2 in the 1980's) and put some Ilford HP5 film in it; which is another old favorite.

Took the camera out last weekend to check for light leaks and exposure.

Gosh, I love film and the Nikon F3:

000042660033 by Fraser White, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yes but did you feel the urge to look at the back of the camera every time you took a shot? :)
Matt

I never look at the back of my digital camera when I'm taking/have taken a shot either, only if I'm using my wife's compact which doesn't have a VF :)

Yes but did you feel the urge to look at the back of the camera every time you took a shot? :)
Matt

Hi Matt :) Yes is the answer but having an ever-ready case on it stopped that very quickly!

Welcome back to the world of film and old cameras Fraser, plenty of like-minded folk here in the F&C section. :) Be careful though, it can be quite addictive, especially if you discover how nice the images from some of the 1950s medium format folding cameras can look; I still reckon it's the best image quality you can get from a camera costing under £100! Enjoy your 'new' Nikon and don't forget to post some results on here, there are plenty of long running 'post a photo' type threads to take part in. (y)

Last edited:
Very nice shot Fraser and the others on flickr are equally impressive. Welcome back. :)

Back