New Film Sna Software fro Filmomat. Smaet Convert

This looks interesting. Most of the other tools for this task seem to pre-suppose you have Lightroom or Photoshop (I have neither). I've been meaning to try CNMY but it's a subscription service (although I believe you can keep the software if you stop the subscription). Not cheap though...

EDIT: The video is interesting and I really did like what I saw. I do wonder a couple of things: no subscription, but how much would updates be?

Also, on the website it says images are saved in AdobeRGB, not a colour space I've ever used. It would be nice if I could choose sRGB instead. Some of the other points the guy makes are good, also.

Last edited:
Yeah I do wonder why they chose AdobeRGB over the more wildly used sRGB.
Does AdobeRGD have better colour range?

I'd imagine that you'd have an upgrade path from full version to full version with interim updates being free.

Like things used to be.

Yeah I do wonder why they chose AdobeRGB over the more wildly used sRGB.
Does AdobeRGD have better colour range?
Yes, AIUI AdobeRGB is quite a bit wider in colour space than sRGB, but since the latter seems to be the colour space for the web and also many printing services, I've never been quite sure how useful that is. Maybe if you do your own printing on a proper printer...

Interesting new scan software from Filmomat.
No plugin and thankfully not a subscription service.

€99

Youtuber Kyle M Douglas made a video about it.

View: https://youtu.be/9kYZ0i3Gwf0?si=CzSlY_1KPSq5SdPt
Um @MrDrizz any chance of turning the title of this thread into something comprehensible? It's ok first time, but makes finding the thread again rather tricky! I'm thinking

New Film Scan Software from Filmomat: SmartConvert​

Last edited:
Back