New firmware out for 40D guys - 1.08

So if we are not Norwegians with wobbly hands it doesnt really do much for us then!!!! :D

Don't the forget the Spanish with wobbly hands!

Not aware of any problems like this in mine, Spanish or otherwise. I'll stick to the old adage thanks, if it aint broke dont fix it.

oooo point 3 will be usefull, hopefully it might cure the odd red banding/pixelation I get sometimes.

I love the way they use the word phenomenon.

Cheers for the heads up (y) Have now downloaded and updated via CF card

Mark

Do you guys tend to update the firmware whenever its available - or only if you know it will solve a particular issue? I think I've only ever updated camera firmware once before. My 40D is currently on 1.03

Should I?

In November '07 I was very hesitant to do my very first update from 1.0.3 to 1.0.5, but plucked up courage to do it and everything went ok, so do any future upgrades immediately as I figure the updates exist for the benefit of the camera/user. Haven't had any problems whatsoever so far :D

I've updated to 1.0.8 and can completely recommend it. Images that previously looked soft on the LCD are now soooo much sharper. Some odd colour cast also corrected.

Shame it will not do anything for my shaky hands!!

Think I may pass on this until I have plenty of time to think about it, although it looks pretty straightforward I don't trust myself not to mess up the whole thing!!

I updated today, fixed the annoying LCD issue! Only affected like 1 in 20 shots, but it was really annoying when you're trying to show someone a picture!

Thanks for posting this link.
Updated today and LCD is so much better than it was before.
Suppose that was my only real gripe about the camera, my old 10Ds screen was super, now this is easily as good.
Dean:)

Its taken me 3 weeks to find my card reader - and 3 minutes to do the update - lol.

Updated on Monday.
Originally just copied the file onto the CF card & of course it would not run. The program needs to be copied onto the hard drive & extracted onto the CF card ( the instructions are clear - but I chose to ignore them )
Updated OK - but I have to admit, did not notice any difference ! :bang:

Doesn't it say you don't need to upgrade if you have version1.05?

I am running with 1.05 and don't know whether its worth my time borrowing a CF card reader to go with the newer firmware. Or should I?

subseasniper

I am still running 1.03 will it b ok to upgrade straight to 1.08? Had alook and can't find 1.05 to jump to first.

I jumped from 1.03 on mine to 1.08, no issues.

Sweet, do you lose all personal settings like my menu and stuff. Just as you would with a full reset or are these function / settings retained?

I have no idea to be honest, did mine the first day I got the 40D!

where/how do you find out what firmware edition you have ?

should be on the first menu screen i think... as Im at work with no camera!

ahh sweet cheers.

I will update it with 1.0.8 now :)

Oooh just updated mine from 1.05 to 1.08.

It took a while, only because when it asked me if I wanted to update I pressed "menu" instead of "set" and then sat looking at a black screen for two minutes until the camera powered off.

:bonk:

Back