New Lens

Name
andy
Edit My Images
No
Hi there peeps, im looking into purchasing a new zoom lens for my for 400d, the problem is im not sure what to buy, i read alot about zooms on this site and im stumped for choice to be honest, any help would be greatly apprieciated :thinking:

thanks

What for:shrug::shrug:

Canon 55-250mm IS isn't half bad for the price. Above and beyond that and you're looking at several hundreds. All depends on your budget. :)

I have the Canon 70-300 IS and find it very good, got mine for £339 off Kerso, dont know whether thats within your budget or not.

A budget would be a good starter.

The 55-250mm IS is a great lens for under £200. The 100-400mm is also a great lens, for around £1000.

A budget will help people to know where to start(y)

Was gonna say the Canon 100 400L but its beyond your price range. Unless you save a bit longer til you can afford it:shrug:

My first proper zoom lens was a sigma 50-500. The only problem with it, is it doesn't have IS, but I found a bean bag helped to stabalise well enough. It works well with the Kenco 1.4 converter as well, albeit you have to manual focus when that's attached.

I bought mine second hand for just under £400

Thanks for the reply's peeps, i already have the sigma 150-500mm os, its a big heavy lens, thats why im looking for something a little smaller but i will still be keeping the 150-500mm, does anyone have any pics i could see which have been taken with the lens's that you have all recommened?????????

thanks peeps (y)

wouldn't a 70-200 be perfect then as the quality is gorgeous and the reach not required.
I have an older 80-200 (f2.8) so not close enough to give usable comparison images

Back