New Lens!

CT....nothing to do with my PM last week I hope....:(

"Assuming you mean the 85L, it's far and away the best lens I've ever had..stunning, absolutely stunning, on a 5d, you wou.........I'll stop now before wet myself"

Bob

Nice, do you have an image in mind for it?

Kerso was doing that lens for just shy of a grand, but it's a little too expensive for me at the moment :(

The 85mm would be a nice length on the 5D, I might dip my toe with it's slightly less expensive brother, the f1.8 :D

Nice, do you have an image in mind for it?

Kerso was doing that lens for just shy of a grand, but it's a little too expensive for me at the moment :(

The 85mm would be a nice length on the 5D, I might dip my toe with it's slightly less expensive brother, the f1.8 :D

Fancy something to prop the door open with then, given how much you use your camera??? :LOL: :p

It would make a lot of sense - lovely lens and certainly the faster AF would make it better suited to action stuff.

Pity really that sense doesn't always come into it! :D

CT....nothing to do with my PM last week I hope....:(

"Assuming you mean the 85L, it's far and away the best lens I've ever had..stunning, absolutely stunning, on a 5d, you wou.........I'll stop now before wet myself"

Bob

You must certainly accept your share of the responsibility Bob. ;)

As you've got a few days before it arrives, may I suggest you do some serious "buttock clenching" workouts.
The 85L's rear element is so exposed that it'll become an involuntary reflex every time you dismount or remount it and I'd hate you to get the cramps at a crucial moment.

Bob

LOL. I wondered what we were talking about there for a moment! :D

Bingo! :clap:

Canon-EF-85mm-f-1.2-L-II-USM-Lens-on-30D.jpg

bums my initial answer was 85mm 1.2 then I edited to a tilt and shift to fit the 'interesting' and 'demanding' requirement. Damn you!!! *shakes fist* :)

I'm jealous of course - have fun with that thing (I hear using it make you big like bear!) :geek:

Looks an impressive bit of glass Cedric ... (y)

Bet you are kicking yourself about the enforced wait though ... :shrug:

:p

I'm waiting for someone to tell me I could have got 90% of what this lens does for a fraction of the price and less weight with the 85mm 1.8. They'd be right too.

It's a fantastic lens and I'm surprised no-one mentioned about the 1.8 :thinking: I knew if it got the 1.8 i'll be lusting after the 1.2 as it's only human nature to want more ;)

Managed to get the Mk1 to save some money - but it hasn't been off my camera since day one. The images it produces are just amazing - bet its a killer waiting for the lens to arrive.

Well it's my own daft fault so I've just gotta twiddle me thumbs. :shrug:

Nice to hear you love it though! (y)

Nuts to the 1.8, the 1.2 is baddass!

It just looks like a beast, and i'm sure it is :D

I'd go for the 1.2 over the 1.8 anyday :p

Looks so cool on a 30D aswel hehe

It weighs getting on for 3lbs - heavier than the 40D! :D

CT, mate please post warnings when posting pictures like that, I've filled me keyboard up with drool.

Have fun with your new toy.

Lordy, If you want to match those images, you've got about a week to:
A) teach a couple of wrens how to do the sugar plum fairy
B) become a personal friend of Kirstin Scott Tomas or similar
C) get really really really lucky

Lordy, If you want to match those images, you've got about a week to:
A) teach a couple of wrens how to do the sugar plum fairy
B) become a personal friend of Kirstin Scott Tomas or similar
C) get really really really lucky

I'll settle for C) :D

Cheers CT, now i have something else to save up for:LOL:
Those photos are stunning BTW(y)