New little owl thread (with a bit of info)

Great to watch ,I never get much chance for the walk as I do need that shutter speed,anyway I am down to the farm today to find some perches,the owners son opened up a old room which looks like it could have some good gear in for perches,i did have one but it got smashed up the other day,seems like you have a abundance of them.

Its quite obvious that you love wildllife Den and the amount of time that you put into these projects is admirable. I think sometimes what is not so obvious is the amount of work that goes in when youre not photographing them.

I always enjoy looking at your work, dont make many comments partly because i dont feel qualified to do so and partly because im lazy! I like the idea of this thread which brings it all together.

Looking forward to seeing this one develop over the coming weeks and good luck with it.

Gaz

Thanks for taking time to comment Gaz,i think doing it like this gives people chance to comment on the set up and behinds the scenes as well as critique on the pictures,i put a lot of time in to it and not just the little owls.

Some great props you have got there Den. Some super shots but I think I like the one marching in front of the rock best. Lovely - he really looks as if he is marching with a purpose.

The post was part of a old post which still had the rusty hinges on, they have got lost in the vandalism session, however after looking for them with no success I did find a old 3 way public footpath post,a bit grubby but it could clean up.

A full day in the quarry todayand,I have tried numerous set ups for the walking shots,and its not easy as the ground is uneven and not playing ball, anyway I found somewhere and waited in hope he would come along, going to try with the 400mm next time as he was quite happy were I was
Little owl 18th by den9112, on Flickr

The last one is looking good Den you are getting there with the walking shots now.

Thanks for taking time to have a look, its not as easy as I thought it would be ,got to get the background ,position of feeding station ,distance etc. all in the right place at the right time, also I am not working on level ground and I have a few cows and some sheep to contend with ,and the magpies.

That last one is mint, stands out from the rest! Any possibility laying some moss on the wood Dennis? I think it would look better, but in all honesty that is a brilliant image the way it is.

Great read Dennis, and I think your shots are spot on,exposure wise. Would love to watch these guys in action,let alone photograph them. Treasure what you have, and hopefully you fill find the little W**%$rs that are disrupting your set up.

A good set and a interesting read (y)
Regards
Richard

Dennis

WOW :clap::clap:

Amazing set of images there. The little owl stomp ones are my favourite.

Loving the head on running shots Dennis ... superb photography ... well done mate (y)

I've just enjoyed looking through these few pages of your owl images, and what a wonderful set of pictures you've got here, well done.
Don

Love the pictures and enjoyed reading the background story to how they all came about! Very sharp and they're lovely looking animals!

Mate those shots are the b------s!!! them poses!:clap: really don't see how u can improve on them? :shrug:
They aint stuffed are they?:thinking:, :LOL::LOL::LOL: (y)

Back