New Mac on Way???

If you wait for apple youll be waiting forever, ive been there!

Just like cameras, a new one may be 'better' but that doesn't take away the fact your current one is still as good as when you bought it!

Get one, it's the best thing you can do!!

Apple never usually announce new machines in advance.

However the rumor mill thinks a new iMac may be here soon ( or later who knows). Apple updated their Mac Books last year, so it's possible that a similar upgrade may come along.

Intel are about to introduce quad core processors designed for the portable market, so it may be Apple are waiting for these. Who knows, they don't tend to confide in me.

Keep an eye on Mac Rumors.

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/02/02/imac-to-come-in-both-dual-core-and-quad-core-configs/

Just buy it. Trying to keep up with technology anyway is hard enough. I have one of the white iMac 24" which i bought around two years ago. Its not the current model but still looks stunning and does the job.

When it comes to Macs if you absolutely, desperately must have it now then go out and buy it. You won't be disappointed, after all you'll be buying a superb machine. But if it's not a desperate purchase and you don't mind waiting, then wait until an update and then buy one.

new macbook looks sexy and the rumours of the new mac mini are lingering

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to just do it. I could be waiting months for an upgrade and in the meantime my old, slow PC won't be getting any younger or faster. I'm going to go for the 24" screen, can anyone who already has tell me the best model for comfortably operating CS4 on?

The 24" 2.8 Ghz will be more than capable of running CS4. I wouldn't bother spending another £230 for the 3.06 Ghz :nono: Ram it up to 4Gb but get it from Crucial, not Apple, you'll save a small fortune!

Oh and just go for it! All the talk of new models is just rumour, no one knows for sure!

I went for a white macbook to derisk the process to both Apple and the iMac. I AM now waiting for the new spec'd iMac to come out - will not buy the current model as the laptop/Win PC setup is okay for right now. The only problem I have found is that I want to transfer all my licenses to Mac but can't because of the PC.

Best of luck with whatever you decide. Certainly the transition from MS to Apple is fine.

Chris

I use a 24" Imac at work. It's the 2008. I use it just for photography and it's loaded with CS4....Ditch the cheap apple mouse that comes with it. I use a logitech laser and it's just superb.

I guess some time in 09 I shall be using an I mac at home.

I'm close to investing in a new computer, swithering between a laptop and desktop but I may get a desktop and then a netbook later.
I've been a Windows user all my life but now university is over there's less need for me to stick to a PC.
What is a Mac like in terms of getting software like games?

I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend a Mac. They do cost a little more money and as such I'd say wait until the new one comes out and then buy the fastest one you can afford.

From a software standpoint what you get as standard is pretty decent and if it's games your after you can always install xp, vista etc and have the best of both worlds.

As I say hold off for the new iMac but if you really need a computer now think about the Mac mini. I've had one for three years an it's still up to the task and you could always sell it once the new iMacs arrive.

I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend a Mac. They do cost a little more money and as such I'd say wait until the new one comes out and then buy the fastest one you can afford.

From a software standpoint what you get as standard is pretty decent and if it's games your after you can always install xp, vista etc and have the best of both worlds.

As I say hold off for the new iMac but if you really need a computer now think about the Mac mini. I've had one for three years an it's still up to the task and you could always sell it once the new iMacs arrive.

To be honest its so long since I've bought a computer I'm still catching up learning about what processors, etc are the best these days, but I had read about putting XP along with OS X onto a Mac.

The only game I am that bothered about is Football Manager which works fine on the Mac anyway but I've always heard that Macs are meant to be superior for dealing with photos and graphics!

Back