New monitor required

TJJ

Name
Trevor
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, can anyone give me some advice on purchasing a 24" -ish monitor that has good colour representation?

Looking to spend up to £300 so I can't blame my crappy laptop screen for my PP.

Thanks

Trevor

Ive got an Hp LP2475w and a HP ZR24w. The LP is a bit more saturated, but both provide excellent colour reproduction. Side by side the LP has the edge as its a wide gamut monitor, but overall I think I prefer the more muted ZR.

The LP was £280 ish and I bought the ZR off of here the other day for £225

The Dell 2409W seems highly regarded, its an IPS screen rather than TA, I think £250 new, £150 refurb, I got mine for £120 and it does seem a pretty decent monitor.

However I think I need to re-calibrate, my images look great on the Dell but then not so good on my Dell laptop screen & TA Dell monitor, the effects are less noticeable etc.

Anyway I read up a bit and it seems this screen was recomended by alot of people on here.

Last edited:
Got a couple of the HP LP2475w screens, they're really really nice

I've got the ZR24w's smaller brother, the 21.5" ZR22w and it's difficult to fault on quality, so I can imagine the ZR24w would be good if it has the same quality just bigger. I prefer standard gamut to wide gamut, but i'd imagine wide gamut would be good if you were doing proofing intended mainly for print rather than web.

As I said, Im prefering the ZR colours to the LP's colours. The LP just seems a lot more saturated. Cant fault wither for build quality or connectivity though.

Last edited:
I saw a deal for a Dell 23" ultrasharp monitor with an IPS panel for £195 earlier which seems like a bargain, I'll try and find a link to it.

EDIT: Yep here's the monitor, a Dell U2311h, £194.18 inc vat and delivery, use discount code RHTB8J1BR0JC4$ to get the price.

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sn...d=122756&acd=8d5b2212184a388a68fb2ae1005965de

Also just bought this Dell U2311H, I'm delighted with it. The default setting was good apart from a little too much red saturation, decreased it a few notches then it calibrated great with my Huey. More reviews here ---> click here

Back