New nikon FF action camera

I'm right eye shooter, but I do have my own added weirdness - I shoot with both eyes open, something I don't see that many others do. Helps me to connect better with subjects and also during candids, get a better feel for what is happening out of frame.

Sinister? Don't get it, smiley bloke me! :D
When I used to shoot the Motorbike racing at Dundrod in NI, a lot of the pro's there used to shoot with both eyes open, they reckoned it gave them a better feel for what was going on in the background to get the best framing for the action shots of the riders. I tried it with some success when shootng the Red Arrows doing they're synchro pair passes but it does feel a bit unatural, unless of course you are used to it!;)

Last edited:
Lefty here too, and always found the back focus button method awkward, due to my hooter and ugly mug being pressed against the back of the body, though I do see it's value. I wish I could train myself to use the other eye but it's never worked for me, left handed and left eyed, I'm just a freak! ;)
I don't think you can, well not with out covering the dominant eye for a very long time. As far as I am aware I dominance isn't connected to handedness. I'm right handed but left eye dominant.
I'm right eye shooter, but I do have my own added weirdness - I shoot with both eyes open, something I don't see that many others do. Helps me to connect better with subjects and also during candids, get a better feel for what is happening out of frame.
I shoot with both eyes open, it's not uncommon the dominant eye sees clearly through the viewfinder, the other just picks up other stuff you might want to be aware off. Seen a few blog posts mention it's a good habit to get into.

I'm being geeky. The word sinister comes from Latin where it means left handed. Nowt to do with how smiley you are ;)
I got that about an Hr after I posted!
Too early in the morning to talk in riddles! He He

If true great news for D700 owners, a proper upgrade at last. The D700 without doubt was one of Nikons finest and best sellers, I think 24mp is spot on just what I'm looking for, it will obviously have better ISO than the 700, and I would think under 2k in price, at least after prices have settled down anyway, I couldn't care less what it's called as long as it's the upgrade D700 owners have wanted for so long.

Back