@CharleyL I guess you can in theory submit anything that is an old digital image, but since the challenge theme is Ships/Boats, it doesn't really even remotely connect with that theme, so is most unlikely to garner any votes in the poll after three weeks. Better to save the image for a more appropriate theme, I'd suggest.Are trains allowed too?
This photo was taken in 2000 of the full scale train ride steam engine at our NC Transportation Museum. The museum is located in what had been the old former train shops and roundhouse for our Southern Railroad, which is now part of Norfolk & Southern. The photo is the recorded file as it came straight from the camera with no post processing at all. It was taken with a then recently purchased Sony Mavica MVC-FD98 camera with a full 2.1 megapixel capability, which I still have and still use occasionally. If I remember correctly, this camera cost me about $1,200 US when I bought it about a month before taking this photo. The camera settings were automatic, since this camera has no manual features, but it was one of the best digital cameras available in early 2000. I went "Totally Digital in 1998" and owned a couple of digital cameras before this one, but this was the first that I owned that produced great photos up to about 8 X 10" without any post processing. The camera recorded to 3 1/2" floppy disks, and at full resolution only 4 shots would fit on a floppy disk, so I used a fanny pack to hold my numbered floppy disks. Facing left, they were blank and ready to use. Facing right they had new photos on them. It was like back in the old flat pack film days again.
View attachment 486839
Charley
So please delete my post. I wasn't certain if I should post it anyway.
Charley
No probs Lindsay, I have no ideas anyway. Well done all that took part.Well, it was a tie this month - well done @RyanB and @ajophotog ! I managed to run a close third to you myself which was nice.
I thingk we'll let Ryan choose the next them, ok Alby? PM me your ideas please
+1 from me!Congratulations Ryan & Alby! Couple of cracking shots![]()
Yay, so I'm in the hot seat.Well, it was a tie this month - well done @RyanB and @ajophotog ! I managed to run a close third to you myself which was nice.
I thingk we'll let Ryan choose the next them, ok Alby? PM me your ideas please
Go ahead Ryan, I'm out of ideas tbh.Yay, so I'm in the hot seat.
You sure @ajophotog Alby I really don't mind, awesome shot btw. I sheepishly will admit if I hadn't been back and forth to the hospital so much this last week and not forgotten to vote you would have had another point on your total.
If not, I guess I better get to thinking...
Not fair, I was going to say the same thing!I’m happy to step aside again Lindsay. Well done Ryan.