• Excalibur2 - Well a church has a bell

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Mrs Snap - Town Crier

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Carl Hall - Steam whistle machine

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Raglansurf - Bell, whistle & dog.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • compulsivehoardr - That is a Wurlitzer under my friend Gary's arm, isn't it?

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
"New Old Film Challenge" #108 Bells & Whistles

So dig out your best interpretation of bells & whistles. Extra marks for liberal use of the f&c shoehorn.

As usual the following rules apply.

Must be taken by you
Must be on film
Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date
Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back
One Entry per person

Entries will close midnight Friday 8th June voting for 3 days after that.

Do the chit chat thing here https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...-108-bells-whistles-discussion-thread.696709/

Last edited:
Cromarty East Church complete with belltower and bell. It became famous due to the BBC's Restoration Village programme in 2006, which led to grant funding from the Heritage Lottery Trust which in turn allowed remedial work to be carried out. More info at the link below. Camera used was Nikon F80, Nikon 18-35, FP4+ in D76, early 2018.
https://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/cromarty/eastchurch/index.html

2018-03-20-0007-copy.jpg

Here is Roger Wilkes conducting some recorder players in the 1970's (well, a recorder is type of whistle 'init?).
Possibly taken using a Yashica FRI and 50mm/f2 ML but definitely TRI-X. Uprated to 1600 ASA and developed in an Ilford speed enhancing developer, can't remember what it was called. Scanned and converted to duotone.
Good player/musician eye contact. Nice cardigan Roger!
ROGERWILKESCONDUCTING.jpg

Well a church has a bell:-
E276lSJ.jpg

When I was at school we had a Wurlitzer cinema organ in the hall. As well as doing the organ thing, it could operate a bunch of bells and whistles, as well as a full drum kit and a grand piano that sat on the stage with a fat load of wires going into it. That is a Wurlitzer under my friend Gary's arm, isn't it?

gary+wurlitzer.jpg

I am busy today so will leave the entries thread open til tonight then stick the poll up.

Polls up, get votin'

Voting closes this evening.

Congratulations Janet, a very worthy winner. Over to you (y)

Last edited:
Yeah well done Janet,
Perhaps hire a "crier" like him to accompany your better half when visiting the coast.
Bell ringing to warn of incoming tide !!!!:exit::LOL::LOL:

Thanks everyone!

I'll get my thinking cap on and try and come up with something interesting. It'll probably be early next week though....sorry!

Well done Janet, good winner.

Back