Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheBigYin

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
With all the depressing imagery of the worst of human nature recently (panic buying and the "screw you, i'm looking out for me" attitude) I thought we should revisit our collections, and dwell upon some of the things that make being a human being a joyful thing, and something to be proud of.

With that in mind, I thought about the polar opposite of the Andrex Bandits, and decided that this challenge should be about COMMUNITY.

Anything that makes us draw together and be stronger. Unites us for our Common Benefit. Makes a sad soul like me, weary of miserable news, smile and be proud to say "I'm proud to say I know the person who posted that"

Usual rules:

Photographs from film.

The following rules apply.

Must be taken by you
Must be on film
Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date
Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back
One Entry per person

Entries will close at midnightish on Sat 4th April and voting will be open for 3 days after that. Maximum votes will be no less than half the number of entries, If I spot that you've voted for yourself, you'll get a new subtitle for the forum, and I'm not promising it'll either be funny or show you in a positive light. Oh, the joys of being staff when you post these things :)

Entries only in this thread. Discussion in the new composite discussion thread: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/new-old-film-challenge-discussion-thread.698995/

Now go on Guys, make me proud of this place...

1972 - Lubitel 2 (held upside down over head) on Kodak film

Community Protest prevented building of factories on agricultural land. Bill Grundy of Granada TV (who later made the mistake of interviewing the Sex Pistols live on TV) interviews Marion Platt (County Councillor) on live TV during protest meeting on the village cricket ground. The farmland is still green today!

Save Audley by D M Bloor, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'm up for this challenge, tough though it is.

Zorki I, Industar 22, 50/3.5, Fuji Acros 100, Summer 2007, taken from outside the Postcard Inn maybe.

Untitled-21.jpg
The Exhibition in the Civic Hall is one of the biggest open exhibitions in the country featuring work by over 400 professional & amateur artists. As well as having work in the main exhibition, these artists can also sell smaller items on our Market for immediate purchase.

But, community, how is this connected?

Holmfirth Artweek has been supported with a funding grant from One Community, the Kirklees Community Foundation.

This is John Burkhill, Sheffield's "Man With a Pram", who, while wearing a day-glo green wig and giant foam hand, pushes it through the streets of the city and surrounding areas to raise money and awareness for MacMillan Cancer Support. He has been fundraising since 1991 when he lost both his daughter and then his wife to cancer in close succession. He is 81 years old and was granted freedom of the city last year.

www.macmillan.org.uk/donate

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/madmanwithpram

Olympus OM-1
F.Zuiko 50mm f/1.8
Ilfor HP5+

FILM - Man With a Pram
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

In June 1997 the Eigg Heritage Trust completed a community buyout of the island from it's previous landowner. It has since been developed in a very eco-friendly way, and you need to present a written case in advance to take a vehicle onto the island. Bicycles are the big way to get around, and you can hire E bikes as well. Kodak Gold, possibly Minox GT, May 2019.

000019000027-copy-tp.jpg

Dads and Grandads, all crown green bowlers themselves, watching the Cheshire under 16's team in a competition in Staffordshire. My son had a brief flirtation with bowling (nearly everyone else in the family is a bowler) a few years ago but then he discovered girls......:eek:

At-The-Green1 by Andy, on Flickr

Entries will close at midnightish on Sat 4th April ...

ach dammit

knew i'd forget.

Right - everything before this post is in the vote.

sorry guy's... 12 hour shifts for straight through for, oh s***, I can't remember now... yeah - lost track of time guys. sorry

tonight's not the best time for me to post any voting (it's 7th anniversary of my dad's passing, so i'm 2 bottles of good vino out of shape for working out how the hell to create a poll on here...)

Call back tomorrow afternoon (late) and there'll be something to see...

thanks for your indulgence guys, you really all are salt of the earth...

Thanks @TheBigYin for an interesting topic. Now time to get my thinking cap on and look at the past list to identify something new.

thanks everyone for your contributions, and congratulations to @dmb for the winning image.

just an off the cuff comment... anyone now looking at the pictures and thinking "aren't all those people standing close together..."

amazing how quick a new mindset sinks in.

thanks everyone for your contributions, and congratulations to @dmb for the winning image.

just an off the cuff comment... anyone now looking at the pictures and thinking "aren't all those people standing close together..."

amazing how quick a new mindset sinks in.

It's like when there's been snow on the ground for a week, TV programmes with scenes with no snow look odd! Just shows, you can get used to almost anything and it seem becomes normal!

Back