New Old Film Challenge #148 - Parent & Child

Vote for you three favourite pictures...

• PeterSpencer - Val & Nic

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • FishyFish - Star Wars

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • simon ess - sheep and lamb beneath a tree

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • dmb - milk bar

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Mrs Snap - elephants

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Peter B - revellers

• Raglan Surf - Melissa & Amelie

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Boots - maths class

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Chris R - sheep and lambs

• excalibur2 - baby face

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Show us a a picture of parent and child, any gender or species indeed.

Last time I was looking for a theme I made some notes with a list of possible topics. Luckily I saved the list, not that I expected to be chosen again of course, well you never know. This is one of them. Other, spare, unused topics can be purchased on advantageous terms, PM for a personal quotation, anonymity guaranteed.

Usual Rules
  • Must be taken by you
  • Must be on film
  • Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date
  • Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back
  • One entry per person
Entries close on the evening of Friday 26th. March, and voting will be for about 3 days after.

This thread is for photo entries only; discussion to be kept in the discussion thread here <-

Val and Nick, chez maison Kypros North Finchley, possibly 20 years ago. Yashica Electro GX and TRI-X, scanned using Minolta film scanner, duotoned in Photoshop.
aValNick4_JPEG5.jpg
I bought the Yashica GX to complement my Yashica Electro 35. Absolutely cracking camera, at one point I had two but they were in such good condition that I found myself avoiding using them in case something bad happened to them. In the end I sold them and bought something else. Slightly regret it now.

Friends in photo decided to have a medieval banquet for their silver wedding and asked me to photograph the costumes being worn as people arrived at the venue. Camera was my shiny/new-ish Nikon F80, Nikon 35-105, proper quality film (Portra?) sent to Peak Processing for one of their new-fangled (2003) scans to CD.

CNV00005-copy.jpg

So, a complete shoehorn, feel free to ban it (but it made me laugh, and we all need cheering up).

This scene shows an Applied Mathematics A level class from 1979. The teacher - in loco parentis (hence the shoehorn) - clearly saw the funny side of it.

I can't recall why the pupil decided to wrap his entire head in bandages; perhaps he had just watched The Invisible Man, or maybe he had sustained some minor injury on the rugby field.

Best if none of the individuals are named.

In Loco Parentis.jpg

Canon AE-1 (probably), Ilford HP5 (before they made it better by adding the Plus), at who knows what ASA (as it was), developed in something for some time - ID-11?

Every mother has seen this...the baby trying to "talk".
51q3SzU.jpg

Closed for entries (a trifle later than anticipated due to an unfortunate encounter with a generously proportioned gin cocktail yesterday evening). Poll added.

Back