New Old Film Challenge #149 Rubbish, trash and garbage. ***POLL ADDED***

Time to vote, you have a maximum of 3 votes.

• Andysnap - A fork in the road

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Mr Badger - A rubbish round

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • dmb - One man's rubbish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Harlequin565 - So considerate

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Boots - A bottle and jar - twice

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Peter B - Frozen litter

• FishyFish - Cigarette sun terrace

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Simon ess - Bookshop bins

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • excalibur2 - You can find rubbish here

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PeterSpencer - Bad engine transplant

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • ChrisR - Discarded bottle

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Raglansurf - Three Mills Wall

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
After seeing the news reports of the littering in some of the country’s parks after the easing of lockdown this week I’ve decided to go with Rubbish, trash and garbage.

I know this isn’t a normal photography theme but I’m hoping everyone has something in the archives. Rubbish tips, fly-tipping and casual littering are all perfectly valid, shoehorning is of course positively encouraged.

As usual the following rules apply.

Must be taken by you
Must be on film
Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date.

Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back
One Entry per person

Entries will close Thursday 8th April and voting will be open for 3 days after that.

Entries only in this thread. Discussion in the new composite discussion thread: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/new-old-film-challenge-discussion-thread.698995/

Last edited:
A rubbish round? Canon EOS 30, 40mm f/2.8.

45737241762_61153a6aa7_c.jpg

A full set of golf clubs abandoned by a recycling box at the local shops.

Last edited:
One man's rubbish ...

One man's rubbish
by D M Bloor, on Flickr

Minolta SRT100b - Agfa Vista 200 (Poundland) - taken 2016 - scanned 05 2018 on Plustek OpticFilm 8200i

I purchased the camera from the chap on the left at the Wednesday Flea Market/Car Boot in Crewe about 5 minutes previously. Nipped into Poundland bought some film and a pack of hearing aid batteries, wrapped some paper round one battery for padding, loaded film and started taking pictures. Film and batteries cost the same as the camera. The scanner I got for £20 a couple of years later at the same place.

No idea how this works but I have a photo for it.

So Considerate
by Ian, on Flickr

I wonder if getting angry over littering is an age thing?

Three Mills Wall River Weir in Bow, East London, complete with old tyres and obligatory shopping trolley. 1989, Olympus OM1n, Ilford FP4.

OM1n FP4 London 1989 33
by Nick Watson, on Flickr

Poll is up, get voting.

I'm happy for @FishyFish to choose the next topic.

By he way how do you insert the proper link to member? Above I just copied the text @FishyFish but that isn't what I intended.

Thanks Peter, well done on being a fellow winner! And thanks to everyone for the votes.

To link a name, you just type the @ symbol followed by the start of their forum name. A list of possible members will appear and you can then select the correct one.

Last edited:
Back