New Old Film Challenge #17 Triangles (real or implied) - discussion thread

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
No
Triangles pop up everywhere, and can help form dynamic compositions. At first you might think “no, I’ve never taken a photo of a triangle” but have a look through your image library and you should find some. Not necessarily actual physical permanent triangles, but instances where the camera angle you chose brought disparate elements together to form a temporary or virtual triangle. Or shifting clouds might send a hard shadow across a field which intersects with field walls to form a triangle.

This thread is just for discussion - post your entries here by 25th July.

Last edited:
An easy subject (every human forms a triangle with their legs :D ) yet hard to find a good shot, well for me......anyway will enter something.

You'll walk it, you were born with opposing angles Brian..:)

You'll walk it, you were born with opposing angles Brian..:)

;)

As I walk to my house with triangular roof ;) actually the challenge should be more difficult with the triangle having three sides which would eliminate a lot of buildings e.g. church spire. I might stretch it with two triangles together making a diamond...well I can't get worse than zero points :D

Another thought or three:

- Triangles appear in natural objects as well as man-made objects. Natural triangles, such as mountain tops, are likely to be less "perfect" in the sense of not having straight lines but they still count as triangles for the purpose of this challenge.
- The edge of the image frame counts as one side of a triangle.
- Triangles may be "unfinished"as in the jetty below. We can imagine that the triangle shape continues below the water.

View attachment 41591

@Kevin Allan Shouldn't the closing date for this be the 18th not the 25th? These challenges only last a week

Back