• Peter spencer: Knobbly

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
The next New Old Film Challenge (#176) is "image for a Magazine/book cover".

Something that I have wondered about for a while, we are guided to compose our images to cut out unnecessary "empty" space, but what about all those wonderful images that have a lot of space for the title, text etc that could be used in a cover. (Not images of existing covers).

As usual the following rules apply:

Must be taken by you
Must be on film
Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date of this challenge.

Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back.

One Entry per person

Entries will close at midnight on Thursday 24th March and voting will be open for 3 days shortly after that.

Entries only here please, discussion thread is here

Last edited:
Taken at the 1991 Royal Tournament (a UK Military Tatoo at London's Earls Court no longer done). This was Royal Marines' Year and this shot made the front cover of the Globe and Lauerl which is the Royal Marines' Corps Magazine. I was up in the rafters of the building witha Bronica ETRSi during the weekend when they used to film the show for TV so the lights were a bit higher, HM the Queen was in the audience for this one and took the salute. Kodak VPL.

02 Globe and Laurel Finale-61170001 PS Adj.JPG

1647809965484.jpeg

Have I overstepped the brief?. Here is the cover for my latest book! Sorry, obviously there is a lot of of pretty amateurish post-processing involved here, but I promise the original photograph was taken on film.

Last edited:
Challenge #176 is now closed for entries. Voting now open.

Challenge #176 Poll closed. Thanks to all who entered and voted.
The joint winners are dmb with "Mistry evening" and FishyFish with "Leaf".
Congratulations to both and over to them both for our next challenge.

Back