• 11. ChrisR

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

simon ess

Just call me Roxanne.
Edit My Images
No
Show us your photos of an adventure - real or imaginary - or whatever. Lots of shoehorn wriggle room

Any discussion here please.

As usual the following rules apply:
- Must be taken by you
- Must be on film
- Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date of this challenge.
- Discussion in the discussion thread (link below) rather than this Entries thread, please.
- Shoehorning and even Crowbars are positively encouraged!
Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back.
One Entry per person

Entries close on Sunday 16th April, then 3 days for the poll after that.

Adventure in the Lakes. September 1989 Olympus OM1n 50mm f1.8 lens, slide film, possibly Fujichrome. Not sure of the exact location.

Sept89Slides24.jpg by Nick Watson, on Flickr

Camping in the Flinders Ranges with my MGB...

CS73B-21_Adj MGB Wilpena.jpg

That's my MGB in the Wilpena Pound camping ground in the Flinders Ranges, March (autumn) 1973, taken with my Pentax Spotmatic on Ektachrome. As you might guess, the MGB is a totally inappropriate car to go camping in this sort of terrain. I was with my friends, whose much more appropriate Peugeot 504 you can see in the background. No tent, as I was packing up to leave. The adventure came because I decided to go back via Brachina Gorge, rather than the road I'd come up on. About half way through the gorge, I got the B stuck, crossing a washout. I remember turning off the engine and listening. Silence. Blasted the horn. Echoes, then silence. No-one around, and the main road was a 10+ mile walk in 35-plus C heat, so it was up to me to get myself out. After about an hour of digging, shifting rocks and jamming bushes under the wheels, I did succeed in getting the car out, though the silencer parted company with the exhaust pipe in the process! Luckily I had an old wire coat hanger in the boot, so I managed to bodge it up so that neither part dragged on the road, and get myself the 85 km to Hawker, where I could get the exhaust sorted. It was a sobering experience!

New Challenge up

Back