New Old Film Challenge #21 - A day in the life - Discussion thread

robhooley167

Sir, my fingers are stuck together
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Discussion for the aforementioned challenge.

Excellent idea Rob, I shall have a trawl through the archive.

Well done Rob, good challenge.

Very interesting challenge Rob.

H'mm Rob....a good subject but if you look at the thread show your film shots, you can predict in advance who is going to be the winner...and the clue is "mining shots". and there are quite a few of them. Anyway it's all fun and someone might have a shot that's so different it could win.......The shots that has always fascinated me were of the sky scraper builders in about 1930s walking on steel beams hundreds of feet up with no safety gear..

Last edited:
Airfield Manager!
Check out the size of that mobile phone:jawdrop: Shot on a Bronica ETRSi with a 50mm lens onto Portra 400 film.

How did they get the plane down the mine?! :exit:

Edit: bugger, sorry, didn't notice this was in an entries thread. Could a mod move it to the discussion thread, pretty please?

Last edited:
A day in the life of a street entertainer....

Juggler by wakarimasen1, on Flickr

St Ives, 2011 with a Canon A1

Love the shot, love the timing & love the shadow but I f***in hate street entertainers :bat:(sorry if that's your day job) :coat:

Love the shot, love the timing & love the shadow but I f***in hate street entertainers :bat:(sorry if that's your day job) :coat:
No apologies necessary - it's not me! I know what you mean though: some of these guys can be a bit overbearing. This chap was silent, and I kind of like that sort.

Thanks for the entries, poll up now

Congratulations folks, a couple of cracking shots well done @ChrisR and @joxby :clap:

A very fine selection this month and worthy joint winners, well done chaps.

Thanks very much! My first win in the three years or so on F&C, and that for a shot taken 45 years ago! I've sent a PM to @joxby re an idea, he may have others of his own... :brb:

Not havin' a pop at the Hooley honest but can we get back to a week for posting and 3 days for voting for these new old film challenges please.

Thank you one and all, I'm happy to defer to Chris on setting the new challenge, age before beauty......an all that..:D

Not havin' a pop at the Hooley honest but can we get back to a week for posting and 3 days for voting for these new old film challenges please.

U wot m8?

Oops missed that, back in a mo...

Of course, what else?

(And thanks to @joxby for letting me choose...)

Last edited:
Back