• Topsy - Ambleside

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Hopefully most will have something to fit this brief...............

The usual the following rules apply:

- Must be taken by you
- Must be on film
- Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date of this challenge.
- Discussion in the discussion thread (link below) rather than this Entries thread, please.

Please include details of the camera, lens, film etc and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back.

One Entry per person only.

Entries close at 16:00 on 5th February 2024 (or thereabouts), to be followed by the poll which will run for 3 days approx (as long as I can work out how to do that bit)..

Please keep all discussion and comments in the "new old film discussion thread" https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/new-old-film-challenge-discussion-thread.698995/page-18

Last edited:
I haven't got much that's urban at all on film, but here's one taken in Cambridge. The church is Great St Mary's, diagonally across from King's College chapel. Taken with my usual suspects: Nikon FM2n, 85mm f/2 Nikkor. Home-scanned with Nikon LS2000. I can't remember what film.

Image17b.jpg

Last edited:
Hellaby, near to M180 intersection. Taken around 2003 on a Contax RTSIII, 28-80mm lens, tripod and a touch of flash. Can't remember the film used, but scanned and then toned in PS.

South Yorkshire Forest Toned.jpg

City of London from 13 miles away, Canon 200m and 2X Vivitar extender i.e. 400mm. So much for ULEZ as the city still looks hazy. Taken from Greenford outer London.
tkeF2NW.jpg

Last edited:
Hobart, late 1975. Those dead trees are a remnder pf the deadly Hobart fires in 1967, which killed 64 people in Hobart. Once a big fire gets into a city it's very hard to stop.

CS75D215_Adj Hobart.jpg

Pentax Electro Spotmatic, probably a Takumar 50/1.8 version, Kodachrome.

A view of Northampton over the goods rail depot and Wiggins Coal Yard and the almost complete Express Lift Tower (dubbed the Northampton Lighthouse by the late Terry Wogan) from the 6th floor of Claremont Court, one of only 2 tower blocks in the town in early 80's. Olympus OM1n, 50mm f1.8 lens and unknown colour film.

1981ish007a.jpg by Nick Watson, on Flickr

Back