New Old Film Challenge #30 "Keep on moving!"entries thread POLL ADDED

Vote for your favourite 'Keep on moving' shot, multiple votes allowed, poll closes Wednesday at 10pm

• trevorbray

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • excallibur2

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • abdoujaparov

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • simon ess

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Asha

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • ChrisR

• joxby

• Jao

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Andysnap

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Chrisphoter

• Steve Smith

• steveo_mcg

• RaglanSurf

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • medwaygreen

• NickT

• Canneyekerslike

• Kei

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

Jao

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
As the title says, anything from your film archive on the theme of 'Keep on moving!"

Normal rules apply: must be shot by you, shot on film and shot before today's date.

Challenge will close at 7pm on Sunday the 7th February.

You can discuss the the challenge in this thread here: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...e-30-keep-on-moving-discussion-thread.614109/:

So, don your curator's hat and hunt through your archive for something suitable to post!

Last edited:
Pentax Spotmatic (my first SLR) probably 55mm Takumar, unknown slide film (I could probably identify it if I could find the box!). This was in the northern Flinders Ranges, mid north of South Australia. The Flinders Ranges are an arid, rugged range that stretches over 200 miles south to north, starting about 100 miles north of the populated part of the state. Near the northern end was Arkaroola, being developed as a resort when we were there. I loved the area. Aboriginal tales tell that the Rainbow Serpent was born in these hills; he travelled out to the plain and drank Lake Frome dry (it's now a massive salt lake most of the time). Returning to his lair in the mountains, he had to stop 7 times for a pee; these explain the 7 permanent water holes in the Arkaroola river (mostly dry). He still lives under the mountains, but still has a belly ache from that gargantuan drink, and this explains the occasional mild earthquakes in the area!

This photo was taken on the Ridge Top trail, a hair-raising guided drive in 4 wheel drive open top (then) Toyotas along tracks originally established by Uranium exploration companies. We were in the second vehicle; I suspect I was standing!

Down the bus

Aug 2011, velvia 100f, Leyland Leopard vintage coach.

xepx1w.jpg

Down in the underground at midnight... well teatime actually.

Ross Ensign Selfix 16-20 on Fomapan 100.
Tube by Andy, on Flickr

What's gone wrong??? I uploaded a file but it was way too contrasty on here, then I saw it exceed the maximum size and length (even though it allowed the upload). So I have deleted the first upload , amended the file, and tried to upload again. This time, even though it finds the same file ok, the little window doesn't clear and it doesn't upload. What am I doing wrong??

View attachment 55853

Same thing again. I have to click the 'Close' button in the window, and therefore there's no upload. :(

Edited the second attempt and finally it's worked.

Last edited:
I think this just about fits the 'Keep Moving' title. An engine being repaired at Minehead station on the West Somerset steam railway.

Taken with a 1954 Rolleicord V on Ilford FP4+ on a very bright summer's day about ten years ago.

24742187496_556bdaa81b_c.jpg

Steve.

Last edited:
The movement is in the stars.

The Kiss.

Bronica ETRS 105mm lens with Tmax 100

Last edited:
Last call for voting, poll closes at tonight 10!

There is a winner!

Well done to @Asha , The clear winner of this challenge with an excellent mono image! Some great entries but Asha romped ahead in the voting.

Over to you Asha for there next challenge!

Last edited:
Well done @Asha, cracking shot and a worthy winner.

Excellent shot Asha, a well deserved winner.

Last edited:
Congratulations Asha, I remember when you first posted that photograph and thought it was a cracking shot then. The best entry this comp by miles,well miles better than my aucun point. Well done.(y)

Well done Asha and don't be choosing another challenge that you know you have another winning shot to give someone else a chance :D

Thanks everyone.......i have to admit that i like that Ferris wheel shot... .probably the best long exposure that i've ever taken on film.

I'll get a new theme set up within the next couple of days....i have something in mind already.:)

It was the clear winner for me as well, so glad to see it got the praise it deserved. (y)

Back