New old film challenge #36 'You've been framed' entries thread POLL ADDED

Pick your favourite "You've been framed" shots...Maximum of 3 choices allowed.

• abdoujaparov

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • wontolla

• simon ess

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Asha

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • stevelmx5

• RaglanSurf

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Sejanus Aelianus

• Jao

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Carl Hall

• NickT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • medwaygreen

• ChrisR

• Cannyekerslike

• Andysnap

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • robhooley167

• excalibur2

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • steveo_mcg

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Eltheza

• trevorbray

• Chrisphoter

• Morinaka

• Kevin Allan

• Peter B

• TheGreatSoprendo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
Use what ever interpretation of the thread title you wish in your entry photograph.
Please post your entries here.
Discussion thread can be found here:

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...framed-discussion-thread.621815/#post-7357745

Entries will be open for a week and will close at 20:00 (BST) 15th April. Voting will be open for 3 days after that.

These usual rules apply:-

Must have been shot on film
Must have been shot by you
Must have been shot before this challenge started, so something from your archives please.
Also, please include as much info as you can, if you can remember. Location, camera, film etc.

Enjoy!

In the Frame.

(Spar bäckerei, Niederau, Austria. FP4 in my Rolleiflex 2.8 E2)

16717784365_9c3af55105_b.jpg

Seems like there's a lot of me about at the moment. ..... Sorry about that. :D

Selfie by Andy, on Flickr

Well I had to crop the full shot and although it's just an Asda scan, the Tamron 28mm still manage to give a decent sharpness result (after cropping). Ok the framing is not central but it's all I have for this challenge :(

Not very good but I'll make a contribution;)! From the first roll of film I shot with an Olympus mju ii that I'd recently inherited. The photo was taken in St. Peter's Church, Coughton Court, Warwickshire, in October, 2015.

CNV00009 by Elizabeth McIndoe, on Flickr

Surprisingly few photos to meet this topic, but I think this one just about qualifies for framing the reflection. The guy gave me the sort of look you get from someone in Glasgow when you take their photo for no apparent reason, but I was only trying out the Minox 35GT that I had just bought. I'm thinking HP5, but not sure.
1889952-36dd529b3ec93f71.jpg

Well done Steve.....you were up against some hard compétition but came up trumps wih à very worthy shot.
Will wait with bated breath to see what theme you throw at us:D

Well done Steve...actually there were very few shots that fitted exactly the thread challenge...ok I admit I was one of them o_O

Shy Muntjac deer where I live..... only saw one once in my garden over 25 years so bloody hard to get a photo, used to see grass snakes more but they have long gone, same with hedgehogs, don't see Sparrows, Swallows stopped nesting on the front of the house years ago...all a shame how things are going :( rant over.

Last edited:
Shy Muntjac deer where I live..... only saw one once in my garden over 25 years so bloody hard to get a photo, used to see grass snakes more but they have long gone, same with hedgehogs, don't see Sparrows, Swallows stopped nesting on the front of the house years ago...all a shame how things are going :( rant over.

It is a shame Brian and I believe that you have a very good reason to rant, however if it makes you feel better, out here, I regularly see deer, often families of mum, dad and baby in the local hills / forest when out cycling.

As for grass snakes, i nearly trod on one first thing this morning in the garden laid out basking in the sun trying to "warm up".....It was only about 9 inches long but they can grow to 2 meters ( 6 ft 6" ) .:eek:
I have come across a large one whilst out walking and although harmless, it frightened the living daylights out of me.:exit::D

By contrast the vipers aren't so pleasant.....sometimes see them on the external walls of the house!!:runaway:

Badgers come into the garden ( although as yet I've not managed to see them)

Bats are frequent, last summer i had 4 entered my home via the window........much as I love creatures, I had to request that they leave although they took their time! lol

Bees ( there's a nest presently being constructed very nearby to me.which will have to be removed in due course by a bee keeper), ladybirds ( thousands of 'em) and a whole host of other insects are now out 'n about as the snows have gone.

There's even fruit ( apricots) showing on the trees, albiet they're a long way from being ready to harvest.

Ok so i live in a country village so it's pretty much the norm to see these animals and certain plants / flowers such as poppies but is it not heart warming to know that although in some areas / countries they are dissapearing ( usually due to mans activities:mad:), they are in other places, thriving :)

Back