New Old Film Challenge #47 - The Decisive Moment - entries thread`- POLL ADDED

Vote!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
Henri Cartier-Bresson famously defined his photography as capturing the Decisive Moment. Let's have your decisive moments - any shot where the shutter was tripped at just the right time, or when tripping it at a different time would have led to a different final image (or, of course, anything else you can shoehorn in as decisive :p )

Entries will be open for a week, until midnight next Friday, the 16th September.

Voting will be open for 3 days after that.

These usual rules apply:-

Must have been shot on film
Must have been shot by you
Must have been shot before this challenge started, so something from your archives please.
Also, please include as much info as you can, if you can remember. Location, camera, film etc.

Post entries here, talk about it here

Last edited:
ELR 40s weekend a couple of years ago.
Olympus 35RC and Poundland Agfa 400.

Invasion Plans!

Invasion Plans.jpg

Last edited:
Perfect......

Beer by Andy, on Flickr

It's not very often I take photos of people, but I saw this guy on his phone at Cabots Circus shopping centre in Bristol and I thought it looked good. He'd gone before I could wind on to the next frame and take a second, but luckily this one came out just as I had hoped.

Hassie 500c/m
Delta 400 pushed to 800
HC-110 (B)

Bristol
by Carl Hall, on Flickr

I had asked the guy in advance if it was OK to photograph him, so I just took a few shots when the right composition cropped up and he was really engaging with the high street shoppers. Another one from my Konica FC-1 days and processed in my utility/darkroom probably late 90s.

162301-ade21cf30fa58abf.jpg

lffLuui.jpg

BST @ Hyde Park, July 2016
Konica Hexar AF + Portra 400

Closest I can get... next minute I'm covered in snow!

Werra 1, unknown film, Mount Vitosha outside Sofia, Bulgaria, 1970...

EDIT: anyone else having trouble viewing that?

Last edited:
Plenty of entries, a wide spread of votes, but a deserved first place for @Asha 's decisive moment. Congratulations!

#48 is over to you.

Plenty of entries, a wide spread of votes, but a deserved first place for @Asha 's decisive moment. Congratulations!

#48 is over to you.

Blimey ...quite a lead on the runners up.

A very decisive moment for the young man doing the somersault, however I didn't think it would be a winner!

Anyway as it is, we have the Peaks film meet this coming weekend, following which I'm staying in the UK without access to the internet until the 7th October!!

What do you guys want to do....delay the next challenge until after I return home next month?? OR pass the next challenge theme choice over to the two runners up @Walsh & @pentaxpete ?

Personally I think the latter option is probably the most practical

following which I'm staying in the UK without access to the internet until the 7th October!!

you're gonna be a full time, off grid, spoon whittler.....

.......for a MONTH !....

:hungover:

you're gonna be a full time, off grid, spoon whittler.....

.......for a MONTH !....

:hungover:

LMAO :ROFLMAO:

Spoon whittling is probably less stressfull than t'internet at times ! :D

Be assured, i aint gunna miss being "connected.....

Well done Asha, it's a cracking shot.

Don't think you're getting out of chosing the next challenge, there's no reason why it can't be extended to 2 weeks, You've got time to pick a theme and find a shot so just get on with it and stop your faffing!

Well done Asha! ...........and what he sed :agree:

Out of focus,grainy,no context,motion blur, cropped to close, wonky horizon and the guy is wearing Adidas. F**K me now I Know what wins.

From your friend.:spam::LOL::D

Last edited:
Well done Asha, it's a cracking shot.

Don't think you're getting out of chosing the next challenge, there's no reason why it can't be extended to 2 weeks, You've got time to pick a theme and find a shot so just get on with it and stop your faffing!

Well done Asha! ...........and what he sed :agree:

Yep. Get your thinking cap on..

Challenge No 48 sorted:) .....Just don't be griping about it being long winded before the poll gets sorted and a winner chosen;)

Back