New Old Film Challenge #49 "....seen better days!"- Discussion Thread

A selfie of you and Asha together would be better. :)

Revenge is a dish best served cold. ;)

I always like to photograph things which are old and broken, so weirdly I have a lot of photos to pick from this time, just a shame they're not very good :LOL: Makes a change as usually I'm shoehorning photos into categories because I don't have any that fit!

Reactions: Jao
Some really great entries in this challenge, keep them comming!

These days they rarely bother with distances at all...

That's because country distances bear no resemblance to the ground, or they might have done but the geography was changed since the sign was erected.

Sometimes they even get it wrong; there's a sign at the start of the Steyning by-pass (Bramber end|) that gives Storrington as 5 miles. After a suitable interval someone spotted that this wasn't right, and there is now a neat line through the "5" and a smaller "7" painted in. You can even see it on Google streetview.

Sometimes they even get it wrong;

Lincolnshire!! or at least the bits that i cycled through drove me nuts with distances having signs of x amount of miles to a certain village ......trundled along usually a dead straight boring road with a head wind only to arrive at a junction stating the same amount of miles to the same village even though I'd travelled 3 miles or so:confused:

Mindst at least there were signs, sometimes here in France, roundabout exits have no panel info stating their destination.....it can be kinda pot luck to choose one then ride a few kilometers, be presented with a road sign only to find it's not the route one wants:banghead::D

At least we can crash out on the floor and make a fire if we have an f&c meet at yours then:D

By all means. It's not my house :D Nobody would be able to fit in my actual spare room as it is so full of junk!

Sometimes they even get it wrong; there's a sign at the start of the Steyning by-pass (Bramber end|) that gives Storrington as 5 miles. After a suitable interval someone spotted that this wasn't right, and there is now a neat line through the "5" and a smaller "7" painted in. You can even see it on Google streetview.

Lincolnshire!! or at least the bits that i cycled through drove me nuts with distances having signs of x amount of miles to a certain village ......trundled along usually a dead straight boring road with a head wind only to arrive at a junction stating the same amount of miles to the same village even though I'd travelled 3 miles or so:confused:

In fact this and the next sign along the road to the right are examples... about half a mile along the road, in the direction of Ash Priors, we come across another sign at a junction that says Ash Priors is 1 1/4 and Bishops Lydeard is 2 1/4! I think the actual distance from my sign to Ash is 1 3/4...

Ok folks, final few hours before the challenge closes, get your entries in before midnight!

In fact this and the next sign along the road to the right are examples... about half a mile along the road, in the direction of Ash Priors, we come across another sign at a junction that says Ash Priors is 1 1/4 and Bishops Lydeard is 2 1/4! I think the actual distance from my sign to Ash is 1 3/4...
It's just a cunning plan to confuse those pesky Germans don't you know.

Ok folks, final few hours before the challenge closes, get your entries in before midnight!

So no doubt there'll be a poll, Real Soon Now? :whistle::):)

Back