New old film challenge 59: Harbour - discussion

ChrisR

I'm a well known grump...
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
So discuss here, entries elsewhere TBA.

To recap: Andy and I have had a chat and we have a theme: harbour. Look in your archives and find something to do with a harbour…

Rules, as usual:

◦ Must be a photograph taken by you
◦ Must be on film
◦ Must have been taken (and devved and scanned) prior to the start date
◦ Please tell us about the camera and film etc, and a small description of the photo.

Closing date is 13th March at midnight, and I'll get a poll up for a few days after that.

Discussion only in here please. the entries thread is here...

Last edited:
Not got a single photo of a harbour, so I'm afraid I'm out this time. :(

Could be someone harbouring a guilty secret :D
Yes, I'm guilty of not taking any photos of harbours! :( Well, Cheshire's not exactly famed for its picturesque coastline! :D (Unless you count a bit of the Dee and Mersey estuaries).

Last edited:
You could probably get away with a canal edge, or pretty much anything with a boat in it!

In an effort not to let the side down totally, I’ve been through the family photo collection and found nothing by me featuring a harbour... but I did find this one taken by my late father on a family holiday in Concarneau, Brittany, in June 1973 on Kodachrome with a Pentacon Pentina 35mm SLR (a camera I still own). Being honest, I thought I’d post it here in the discussion thread rather than pretending it was one of mine! :) It's amazing how well these old Kodachrome slides keep, shame my scanner doesn't cope a bit better with them though.

Last edited:
Great post Mr B, and the right choice, too, I reckon!

I've found quite a lot of harbour photos, including one from Singapore River taken in 1971, but I think I'm picking a completely different kind of shot, that I had previously quite overlooked...

Last day, any more takers?

Now closed, I'll get a poll up soon.

Back