New Old Film Challenge #6 Show Us Your Best Human Powered Vehicle Shot Entries Thread

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
New Old Film Challenge #6 Show Us Your Best Human Powered Vehicle Shot

So despite my best effort to abdicate responsibility for choosing the next theme it seems I have to find another subject from the archives.

This is partly inspired by @Carl Hall 's recent posts of some very nice bicycle shots and there's quite a few other folk on here that have a penchant for taking shots of a two-wheeled steed. So this time I want you to search the shoeboxes full of old prints and little yellow boxes of slides for your best human powered vehicle shot. You don't have to have been road-side on the Col du Tourmalet as the peloton grinds its way to the top it can be a shot of your kid finally getting the stabilisers off their bike, mastering roller skates, a skateboarder at the undercroft or even a soap box derby. Anyway you know the type of thing.

Just to make it clear as mud the shot doesn't have to include the human powering the vehicle but it can if you like.

And if there's anybody out there that wants to take part but doesn't have access to a scanner I'd be happy to scan the occasional negative if needed.

Closing date for entries will be Sunday 1st February and voting will close 3 days after that.

Last edited:
As much as I love bikes I thought I would use this one, a slightly different take on the theme! Taken a some years ago!
Rolleicord V, Ilford HP5
15925476198_a4d027dac8_b_d.jpg

Meh.... Fishermans rowing boat, or it used to be before it was dragged onto the beach and left to rot. Shot with a disposable camera with some very ropey Crossbird film and even ropier processing by snappy snaps

disposable camera by Yvonne White LBIPP - WhiteGoldImages, on Flickr

Not the shot I originally thought of but came across this during the search, Olympus OM1n, Kodak T-Max 400, probably processed in Polytechnic of East London's darkroom.
London Marathon 1990 by Raglansurf, on Flickr

Any more entries from the archives?

Extra bump for entries, I'll be putting up the voting thread tonight.

Bump to make it easier to find for voting...

Back