New Old Film Challenge #69 Entries Waterfalls, weirs and cataracts.***POLL ADDED***

Pick your fave 3, 3 days to vote.

• Lumsdale Valley - Carl Hall

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Water Feature - FishyFish

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Water in Wincle - Srichards

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The weir at the pub - Mothdust

• img180 by Simon ess

• Rochdale canal - compulsivehordr

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Moss Force - Andysnap

• Indoor waterfall - Mrs Snap

• Icelandic waterfall - Fujilove

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Alpine Bridge - The Big Yin

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Clashnessie - Peter B

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Wroclaw weir - Ariel7515

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Lock Gate - Excalibur2

• Scotland in the early 90s - KenM

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Highland water - droj

• Sgwd Ddwli Uchaf - Kei

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Aphrodite's tripod at the watering hole - Raglansurf

• Russell Falls - ChrisR

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm on a campsite in Norfolk and the heavens opened last night and the site soon turned into a series of little and not so little waterfalls as the rain gathered on tent roofs until it found a route down.

So this weeks maximum shoehorning exercise is Waterfalls, cataracts and weirs etc (even overflowing gutters will be be accepted)

Standard rules apply:
  • Must be taken by you
  • Must be on film
  • Must have been taken (and devved and scanned) prior to the start date
  • Tell us about the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance!
  • One Entry per person
Closing date is the 15th of August at midnight with a poll to follow quickly after.

Entries in this thread and discussion thread here: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/new-old-film-challenge-69-discussion.660257/

Last edited:
One of the popular waterfalls in Iceland...sorry forget the name. The first time we visited, it was the two of us and a couple of sheep. Last year there was a coach park, toilet block and a thousand American tourists :eek:

28631784290_24b9134900_b.jpg

Hasselblad 503 (with leaky back) | 80mm | Ektachrome 100VS

Alpine Bridge by The Big Yin, on Flickr

Canon AE-1, 50mm f1.8, Fuji 100 C41 process of some kind (can't remember exactly without digging out the negs from wherever the hell I put them away...) - July 1983, somewhere between the Aguille Vert and Argentieres Telepherique Station.

Abhainn an Fhasaigh.jpg
That Highland water is so sweet to drink.
Hand-held Nikon FM2; Nikkor 85mm f/2 ai-s; Sensia 100; Nikon Coolscan LS-2000 scanner. I'm guessing that the exposure would've been about 1/60 sec, which gives a good impression of the water, I think.

Last edited:
Aphrodite's tripod at the watering hole. (Actually it's not Aphrodite's it belongs to @stevelmx5.) Taken on the F&C trip to the Lakes on a Zero Image pinhole camera, I can't remember what film but most likely something sloooooow.

Aphrodite's Tripod at the Watering Hole by Nick Watson, on Flickr

I should stop getting all angsty about whether another shot is better than this one! Taken during a tour of Tasmania, end of 1975 going into 1976. These are the Russell Falls (I am almost certain, but it's research after scanning rather than any notes) on the way to Lake Pedder (a highly controversial enormous hydro scheme that drowned some amazing country) in the south west. Those are tree ferns in the foreground...

CS75Drescan34a by Chris R, on Flickr

Taken on the black Electro Spotmatic, 55mm lens on slide film, probably Kodachrome of some kind.

Entries close tonight folks so get your old shots out.

Poll added, get votin'

On the upside, I seem to have won :) The downside being I'll have to come up with another subject...which is harder than taking the damn photos :(

On the upside, I seem to have won :) The downside being I'll have to come up with another subject...which is harder than taking the damn photos :(
Congratulations @FujiLove , wonderful shot. And yes I agree, coming up with new subjects is becoming harder and harder.

Cracking shot and a worthy winner. I can almost hear the roar of the water! (y)

Thanks guys :)

Thinking cap on and will get the new theme up and running shortly.

Back