New Old Film Challenge #72 - Autumn - Discussion Thread

Mr Badger

Didymus
Edit My Images
No
This is the discussion thread for this week's New Old Film Challenge - Autumn

Yes folks, summer is no more; the leaves are beginning to turn and the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness is upon us, so search your photo archives and come up with a shot of yours that best demonstrates this time of year.

This thread is for any discussion about the challenge, general banter, grumbling, etc.

The entry thread is here:. https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/new-old-film-challenge-72-autumn.663023/

I say, I say, I say...

My dustbin's full of toadstools.

How do you know it's full?

'Cause there's not mush room inside.

20 virtual pixie points if you know where that comes from.

I say, I say, I say...

My dustbin's full of toadstools.

How do you know it's full?

'Cause there's not mush room inside.

20 virtual pixie points if you know where that comes from.

Lonnie Donegan's My Old Man's a Dustman.

Easy subject but the problem is selecting a shot that no one else will post ;)

My choice was easy, I think I've only ever caught an nice autumnal scene once on film! Autumn tends to be pass me by caught up with work... before I know it, its damp and the trees are bare.

Surely all your shots are unique to you Brian?

;) well what I like and what others think are different o_O...I'd wager Nick that we all have put up shots at one time and when the winning shot is chosen we think "I've got a shot like that and just as good and didn't enter it".

The entries are rolling in and I've just realised it's the closing date tomorrow! :runaway: Could someone explain how to stop the thread and add a pole thing to it please?

Actually, the poll might not close until about 9am on the 27th, rather than midnight on the 26th :sleep:, as I've got a 4.30 am start for work on Wednesday morning and 9am will coincide with my lunch-time! :whistle:

When the time comes, I'd suggest first adding a post to the entries thread that entries are then closed. Then, make a list of the entries, go to the thread tools at the top of the thread, and one of those is add poll. Choose 3 votes (usually) and a few days for voting (think when @RaglanSurf set it up he suggested 3 or 4 days). Then you have to add the list of entries, identified in such a way that voters can work out which entry they are voting for (sometimes just the username, sometimes the post number, sometimes a one or two word summary).It's easier than it sounds! Good luck...

The entries are now closed, voting will begin just as soon as I've figured out how to add the poll thing! :D

Voting now open, the poll will close in 5 days, best of luck everyone! (y)

Back