New Old Film Challenge discussion thread

ChrisR

I'm a well known grump...
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
This thread is intended to be an ongoing thread to discuss the current New Old Film Challenge, replacing the purpose-built discussion threads for each individual challenge.

The New Old Film Challenges are intended to celebrate the contents of our back catalogues. The person running the current challenge selects a theme, sets up a new Entries thread with an appropriate title, and including the rules as below. They should link to this discussion thread, and also probably add a link here to the new Entries thread. When the contest ends, they should indicate so on both this discussion thread and also the Entries thread (to make it clear should any entries be added after the contest ended). They should then create a poll on the Entries, usually to run for 3 days and allow 3 votes per voter. Once the poll ends, announce the winner and hand the baton onto them. You don't need to be an entrant (or even a regular contributor to this Film & Conventional sub-forum) to vote, but you must be logged in as a member of Talk Photography.

The rules for contestants are generally as follows:

- Entries must be taken by you
- Must be taken on film
- Must have been taken, developed and scanned prior to the start date
- Please include details of the camera, lens, emulsion and anything else of relevance if you can possibly remember that far back
- One Entry per person
- Discussion in the discussion thread rather than the Entries thread, please.
- Shoehorning and even Crowbars are positively encouraged!

Entries will generally close one week after the challenge starts (usually at 23:59) and voting will usually be open for 3 days after that. Both of these can be varied if appropriate. The winner gets to set the next challenge.

The thread listing previous challenges is here. That is a useful resource when creating new challenges.

Have I missed anything out, folks?

Last edited:
Yes. You forgot to give me a bollocking for not keeping the list updated lately.

I shall rectify that shortly.

It was only a little out of date ;)

Snip:
Yes... a subject for the next challenge! ;)

Coming up soon... just tossing up two different ideas, one which is bland and the other which may be too specific!

Added mention of shoehorns and crowbars to the opening post...

Can't quite believe I rejected a nice shot of beach huts for a Swiss one!

One more day to get your entries in for this round, folks! Dig out your huts please...

h'mm ain't got one..... was going to post a shot of a Wendy hut o_O, but can't find it. :(
I can’t believe that with all the visits to Ireland you didn’t manage to get a shot of a hut or a tiny barn.

I can’t believe that with all the visits to Ireland you didn’t manage to get a shot of a hut or a tiny barn.

Well in my lifetime must have taken a shot of a shed or similar but I must have thought of the shot as rubbish\boring and threw away neg or deleted the scan....anyway thanks to shoehorning and you have encourage me to put up something to join in.

Well in my lifetime must have taken a shot of a shed or similar but I must have thought of the shot as rubbish\boring and threw away neg or deleted the scan....anyway thanks to shoehorning and you have encourage me to put up something to join in.

Nice shoehorn of a pill-"hut" there! :D

I'm thinking I should have used my photo of the Eiffel Hut now. :D

Nice shoehorn of a pill-"hut" there! :D

I'm thinking I should have used my photo of the Eiffel Hut now. :D

I think there has to be a limit somewhere, and I thought this one was beyond it. ;) (Kiev 4a from the Russian Challenge & Poundland Agfa)

000012690002-copy-tp.jpg

Last edited:
So hard to pick only three. Lots of good pics in there.

I love a good hut pic!

I love a good hut pic!

Well I also have a WW1 concrete hut :D h'mm the quality looks like it was taken 100 years ago and coloured. :eek:
WVrCnyc.jpg

So the "Hut(s)" challenge was won by @Andysnap . Over to you Andy, as noted in the other thread. Just a reminder, you don't have to create a new discussion thread now!

So the "Hut(s)" challenge was won by @Andysnap . Over to you Andy, as noted in the other thread. Just a reminder, you don't have to create a new discussion thread now!

Ahem???? :tumbleweed::wave:

Yes, yes, I know. I finally have a day off tomorrow so I will definitely do it tomorrow.(y)

Thank goodness for backups. I knew I had a photo through a window. Could I find it on current PC? Nope! Went back to negative files and it was there with a digital contact sheet. So I must have scanned it, but on the computer I had in 2016 and could not see it on the current PC, the network drive or the DVD backup. Dug the old Hard Disk that I took out of the 2016 laptop. Plugged into a disk housing and bingo, a whole directory that had missed getting transferred as it had gone to the wrong folder. So now backed up in 3 places like all the other files (as well as the negative).

Some really good stuff already. (y)

I’m sure @robhooley167 haa a suitable entry for this, taken just before we were chased by an irate farmer.

Models of what? :D

Looking at my candidate shots, I'm pretty sure we've seen most of them before!

Back