New packaging for fags in this weekend and other fag related rule changes

Haha yeah white awful bread should be taxed, even ducks can't stand it :)

Haha yeah white awful bread should be taxed, even ducks can't stand it :)
Since I've just spent the afternoon fettling the fence around my Runner Ducks after my got terrier through and gave them some unwanted excercise. While I was crouched down at the fence the local heron swooped low over them and gave them another fright. I can't think the heron could manage a Runner but I know they can swallow surprisingly big prey.

Last edited:
TBF bread isn't actually good for ducks
It is when they are between to slices of it (y)

Even better rolled up in pancakes :)

It's vile.

No bread is "bad".
Nor is fat
Nor is sugar
Or..or...or...ad nauseam.
Maybe we should just tax the idiots who eat nothing but.

No bread is "bad".
Nor is fat
Nor is sugar
Or..or...or...ad nauseam.
Maybe we should just tax the idiots who eat nothing but.

white bread is certainly borderline bad for you it contains bleach.

Does it, now?

No bread is "bad".
It is, because it swells in the stomach making you feel full and prevents you from eating enough food which has decent nutritional value for a balanced diet.

Does it, now?
The flour in white bread contains bleaching agents.
Organic peroxides, namely benzoyl peroxide.
Calcium peroxide.
Nitrogen dioxide.
Chlorine.
Chlorine dioxide.
Azodicarbonamide.
Atmospheric oxygen, used during natural aging of flour.

The flour in white bread contains bleaching agents.
Organic peroxides, namely benzoyl peroxide.

Would you consume something that contained all this?

• Trihalomethanes (THMs)
    • Salts of:
      • arsenic
      • radium
      • aluminium
      • copper
      • lead
      • mercury
      • cadmium
      • barium
    • Hormones
    • Nitrates
    • Pesticides
    • Fluorosilicic acid
    • Aluminium sulphate
    • Calcium hydroxide
    • Sodium silicofluoride

Would you consume something that contained all this?

• Trihalomethanes (THMs)
    • Salts of:
      • arsenic
      • radium
      • aluminium
      • copper
      • lead
      • mercury
      • cadmium
      • barium
    • Hormones
    • Nitrates
    • Pesticides
    • Fluorosilicic acid
    • Aluminium sulphate
    • Calcium hydroxide
    • Sodium silicofluoride
No, it makes me feel bloated. I don't like it tepid or room temperature, and drinking it ice cold now makes me feel bloated too. I now boil it, use it to make mint flavoured green tea and freeze it for an ice cold drink for the gym and work. No idea how much of your list is left once boiled/

The swells in your stomach thing is a food myth.
Including bread in your diet does not in any way prevent you from eating a well balanced diet.
YOU may choose not to eat it (or most things, it seems), but that doesn't mean it's bad.
I'd also love to see the empirical data regarding the bleach claims.

Last edited:
No idea how much of your list is left once boiled/
Solids ( metals) cannot be removed by boiling you should know that ;)

So you've never drunk tap water in your life then?

Boiling it simply concentrates the non volatile impurities.

Filthy stuff - fish f*** in it!

Reactions: BBR
Solids ( metals) cannot be removed by boiling you should know that ;)

So you've never drunk tap water in your life then?
Not often and only if I have to. Can't remember the last time I did.

YOU may choose not to eat it (or most things, it seems),
Most things Shiite you mean. I eat salmon tuna chicken and Turkey, porridge oats and nuts plus lots of fresh fruit and veg or frozen fruit and veg.
Bread provides little in nutrition that can be added to that and just isn't worth bothering with.

Most things Shiite you mean. I eat salmon tuna chicken and Turkey, porridge oats and nuts plus lots of fresh fruit and veg or frozen fruit and veg.
Bread provides little in nutrition that can be added to that and just isn't worth bothering with.

o i disagree really nice brown seeded bread is delicious and nutritious and provides loads of long lasting carb energy.
variety is good but i wouldn't touch white bred under and circumstances it tastes rank unless in a bacon sarnie.

biomagnification does't count as s***e then?
Depends on how much is consumed. I eat fish once a week, which isn't deemed to be a dangerous level of mercury and the health benefits of fish is far greater than the small amount of mercury I consume.

Now, that's proper saving. :)

But you haven't saved that much have you. In 1975 fags were not £8.82 a packet... I think my Grandad gve up 1977ish when woodbines went over £1 a pack.

But you haven't saved that much have you. In 1975 fags were not £8.82 a packet... I think my Grandad gve up 1977ish when woodbines went over £1 a pack.

I've saved sod all...I still smoke.

Ah, but a quid was a quid when I gave up. When I started smoking around 1956 seem to remember they were about 2 shillings for a tin of 50 but since the Queen was only paying us about 3 quid a fortnight that may have been expensive. It's all relative as Einstein used to say.

I don't smoke in the UK now, just not prepared to pay the tax/duty in this country. I still smoke in SA where Camel Classic Filter (preferred brand) are about ZAR 48 (£2.90) a pack, and less by the carton.

Ah, but a quid was a quid when I gave up. When I started smoking around 1956 seem to remember they were about 2 shillings for a tin of 50 but since the Queen was only paying us about 3 quid a fortnight that may have been expensive. It's all relative as Einstein used to say.

Indeed but you are basing your savings on the £8,2 price...

Reactions: Nod
It's called adjusting for inflation etc :(

uh huh and I understand that but to get realistic you need to account year on year inflation.. it didn't go from £1 to £8.82.... I know where you are coming from and I bet in the real world you have saved about £40K, and in the first few years, the quid per whatever saved meant lots more than it did now, and so on for 5, 10 , 15 , 20 years....:) well done on the quitting though!

Back