New Photo–Location Guidebooks to North Wales and The Lake District

Mick Ryan

Advertiser
Name
Michael Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
12975-1441097500-1eb44fdb35109b79d150deeeb1e062b2.jpg

fotoVUE is a small publishing company who work with photographers to produce photo-location guidebooks.

Last year we published Photographing The Lake District by Stuart Holmes

Here’s some sample pages:

issuu.com/michaelryan41/docs/photographing_north_wales_issuu

Last week we published Photographing North Wales by Simon Kitchin

Here’s some sample pages:

issuu.com/michaelryan41/docs/lakes_issuu_pages

There are more details about us and some of the photo-location guidebooks we are working on at our website where you can also buy our books: www.fotovue.com

If you would like a copy of PHOTOGRAPHING NORTH WALES

Direct from Simon, the author www.landscapephotographyuk.com/north-wales-photography-location-book

From Melvin at: http://www.melvinnicholsonphotography.co.uk/product/photographing-north-wales-by-simon-kitchin/

At Amazon: www.amazon.co.uk/Photographing-North-Wales-photo-location-guidebook/dp/0992905117

If you would like a copy of PHOTOGRAPHING THE LAKE DISTRICT

From Melvin at: www.melvinnicholsonphotography.co.uk/product/photographing-the-lake-district/

At Amazon: www.amazon.co.uk/Photographing-Lake-District-Fotovue-Guide/dp/0992905109

Coming up before Christmas is
Photographing The Peak District by Chris Gilbert, Mick Ryan and a third Photographer and Photographing Wildlife in the UK by Andrew Marshall then more titles in 2016 to the UK and afar.

All the best,

Stuart Holmes and Mick Ryan
www.fotovue.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Just tried to order the Lake District one and the site just hung, and hung, and hung until I gave up. Sorry.

Hi Mick Ledore. Many apologies for inconveniencing you and for having you spend time trying to purchase the book through my website. I have jut contacted my website designer and reported the issue to him. This is the first time I have had any issues with my checkout and it appears that there's a conflict between WooCommerce and Paypal but I am convinced that the situation will be rectified soon. If you would like to purchase the book now and are happy to pay via BACS, please email me at melvin@melvinnicholsonphotography.com and I will email you the bank details.

Thank you for your patience Mick.

Regards Melvin

Hi, I never got as far as paypal. Was asked to fill in all my details then it just hung and the wheel went round and round. Never saw any payment options. Would have used paypal as the easiest method, but never saw it.

Hi Mick. If you would rather wait until my website issues have been resolved, I would appreciate that otherwise feel free to contact me.

Hi Mick. The website is up and running again. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Hi Mick. The website is up and running again. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Thank you for highlighting these.

They are going on my xmas list

I just got my copy of Photographing North Wales by Simon Kitchin. Fantastic book..

The other books are now on my Christmas list

I will now go to some of the locations 100% due to having the book

I just got my copy of Photographing North Wales by Simon Kitchin. Fantastic book..

The other books are now on my Christmas list

I will now go to some of the locations 100% due to having the book

Cheers Carl.. glad you like it... nice to know that in some small way I'm helping others discover some of the amazing scenery we have here in North Wales :)

Simon

Just a heads-up for anyone who's interested in the North Wales book. I'm having an official book launch at Theatr Clwyd in my hometown of Mold on Saturday 17th October between 5.30pm - 9.30pm.

There's an open invite to everyone... drop in for a chat, to get a signed copy of the book or have a browse of photos I'll have on display. Mick & Stuart from FotoVue, the publishers, will be there and signed copies of the Lake District book will also be available to buy...

Simon

Last edited:
I saw this book in Booths on a previous trip to Keswick, it looked to be very informative. Looking forward to hopefully picking up the Lake District book next weekend when in london. Hoping it will be useful for a planned 3 day landscaping trip to the Lake District next month.

Last edited:
Just a heads-up for anyone who's interested in the North Wales book. I'm having an official book launch at Theatr Clwyd in my hometown of Mold on Saturday 17th October between 5.30pm - 9.30pm.

There's an open invite to everyone... drop in for a chat, to get a signed copy of the book or have a browse of photos I'll have on display. Mick & Stuart from FotoVue, the publishers, will be there and signed copies of the Lake District book will also be available to buy...

Simon

Good stuff Simon - hope it all goes well. Just waiting on Amazon to delivery the book - but looks very good.

Good stuff Simon - hope it all goes well. Just waiting on Amazon to delivery the book - but looks very good.

Thanks Stephen, the Theatr have been really helpful and it's a great venue.. please do leave feedback on the book when you get your copy, it's always good to hear what people think

Simon

I have the Lake District book and look forward to the Peak District one.

Andy

OFFICIAL BOOK LAUNCH: PHOTOGRAPHING NORTH WALES takes place this Saturday.

Join myself and the publishers fotoVUE at Theatr Clwyd in Mold, Flintshire on Saturday 17th October between 5.30pm and 9.30pm.

It's a chance to buy the book at a "Launch Event only" discount price, chat to the author (me), browse a selection of North Wales prints and canvases and enter a free raffle to win canvases, prints, copies of both FotoVUE books to date, PHOTOGRAPHING NORTH WALES & PHOTOGRAPHING THE LAKE DISTRICT and discount vouchers for upcoming releases.

The launch takes place at:

Theatr Clwyd
Raikes Lane
Mold, Flintshire,
CH7 1YA
http://www.clwyd-theatr-cymru.co.uk/

Got my copy of "Photographing North Wales" a few weeks ago on pre order. I live in North Wales and the book is a great guide with good info on locations - how to get there and where to go once parked up. My wife has been looking through book and suggesting we go to some locations pictured. Quick google and quite often there is a walk which incorporates the locations shown in the book, so even our Jack Russel likes your book:). Might even see you on Snowdon next year Simon. Cheers

Got my copy of "Photographing North Wales" a few weeks ago on pre order. I live in North Wales and the book is a great guide with good info on locations - how to get there and where to go once parked up. My wife has been looking through book and suggesting we go to some locations pictured. Quick google and quite often there is a walk which incorporates the locations shown in the book, so even our Jack Russel likes your book:). Might even see you on Snowdon next year Simon. Cheers

Cheers Keith, first Jack Russell to give it official approval too! Definitely planning another few jaunts up Snowdon so you never know

Bump... Don't forget to add the FotoVue location guide books to your Christmas list ;-)

If you would like a copy of PHOTOGRAPHING NORTH WALES

Direct from Simon, the author www.landscapephotographyuk.com/north-wales-photography-location-book

From Melvin at: http://www.melvinnicholsonphotography.co.uk/product/photographing-north-wales-by-simon-kitchin/

At Amazon: www.amazon.co.uk/Photographing-North-Wales-photo-location-guidebook/dp/0992905117

If you would like a copy of PHOTOGRAPHING THE LAKE DISTRICT

From Melvin at: www.melvinnicholsonphotography.co.uk/product/photographing-the-lake-district/

At Amazon: www.amazon.co.uk/Photographing-Lake-District-Fotovue-Guide/dp/0992905109

Great review, just need it to stop raining for more than 5 mns:) though others have had it far worse.

Just ordered a copy of the North Wales book in the hope that one day the rain will stop and we can get out and about!

Chris

Just ordered a copy of the North Wales book in the hope that one day the rain will stop and we can get out and about!

Chris

Just about to sign it ready from dropping in the post Chris.... so say all of us on the weather front, it's got to stop raining sometime soon... I hope!

Thanks

Simon

Just about to sign it ready from dropping in the post Chris.... so say all of us on the weather front, it's got to stop raining sometime soon... I hope!

Thanks

Simon

That's very quick, thank you Simon. I'm looking forward to exploring some of the locations in your book. Now, if only I could get up early enough to take advantage of the light!

Chris

That's very quick, thank you Simon. I'm looking forward to exploring some of the locations in your book. Now, if only I could get up early enough to take advantage of the light!

Chris

Posted today Chris so should be with you Friday/Saturday... next month or 2 are ideal to avoid "silly hour" in the morning, looking colder next week so rain should stopping and likely some snowy peaks too :)

Simon

Book arrived today, thanks Simon. First impressions are good, but I can't delve into it as it's a gift!

Thanks,

Chris

Back