New Photo-Location Guidebook: The Peak District

Mick Ryan

Advertiser
Name
Michael Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
Photographing The Peak_frontcover.jpg

fotoVUE’s sixth photo-location guidebook is about to go to the printers.

Photographing The Peak District by Chris Gilbert and Mick Ryan will be available at the beginning of August.

It weighs in at 480 pages with over 150 locations guiding you to the best places for landscape and rural photography in the Peak District – the UK’s first national park; from the tops of Kinder to the bottom of the limestone dales, along country lanes, visiting the industrial heritage of Richard Arkwright’s cotton mills, to the country estates of Chatsworth House and Haddon Hall.

There are over 750 photographs and the usual precise OS maps and directions, plus lots of photographic tips, best times to visit, even a list of the best pubs in the Peak for the thirsty and the hungry. It’s a photo-location and visitor guidebook suitable if you have a high end camera or a mobile phone camera, whether you are spending a week in the Peak or a day, it will guide you to the most stunningly beautiful places.

RRP is £27.95, but until publication you can order signed copies with free shipping in the UK for £20.

Read more about the Peak District in this area article.

There are four sample viewpoints from Photographing The Peak District here.

Straight to the order page here

All the best,

Mick

Do like a bit of good old Peak District action, book ordered up and look forward to receiving it

How long does the Preorder price last? Until its released? Will order a copy at the end of the month! :)

It doesn't get any quicker than that - Thanks Mick.

Looking forward to a holiday in Devon armed with the D&C book, followed by some late summer shots of the Peak District when the new book is published.

Chris

Thanks Mick, got the N.Wales one already and just ordered Peak one (slight prob with the order process and left email with Fotovue to sort ) - Fingers crossed.
John

Thanks Mick, got the N.Wales one already and just ordered Peak one (slight prob with the order process and left email with Fotovue to sort ) - Fingers crossed.
John

Thanks John. Sent you an email.

There is the odd snafu with some orders getting that error page. Orders go through. Our webmistress Ola is on the case.

thank you for pointing it out. Appreciated.

Mick

Ordered.. I hope the instructions are more accurate than the N. Wales book!

Thanks Mickledore.

Could you send me an email (mick@fotovue.com) pointing out any errors in North Wales book. We did fact check it, was it some of the directions? We are working on a second edition and any errors we can correct.

Ta

Mick

Thanks Mickledore.

Could you send me an email (mick@fotovue.com) pointing out any errors in North Wales book. We did fact check it, was it some of the directions? We are working on a second edition and any errors we can correct.

Ta

Mick
Yep, it was directions. I mailed Simon after I found two, but gave up when I found a third, all on the same page!
I'll mail you direct.

We're off to Cornwall on Thursday and was 'surfing' Amazon and discovered your Photographing Cornwall and Devon book which I've ordered.

Then I've found this thread so, I've pre-ordered the Peak District Guide too. Need to charge some batteries now!.

Thanks for the link Mick. Already got the Lake District, North Wales and Wildlife ones. Looking forward to adding this to my collection. Cheers

There was a substantial thud as something heavy dropped through the letterbox this morning. It looks very comprehensive, I can see that a lot of work has gone into creating this book. Lots of places to go and explore with the camera, it makes a nice birthday present for my wife.

Thanks guys.

Chris

There was a substantial thud as something heavy dropped through the letterbox this morning. It looks very comprehensive, I can see that a lot of work has gone into creating this book. Lots of places to go and explore with the camera, it makes a nice birthday present for my wife.

Thanks guys.

Chris

A pleasure Chris. I hope it gets you to places that you might not otherwise get to :)

Best wishes

Hi... Do you know if there are any plans to create a Yorkshire Dales version of this ?

So much information in this book no wonder its heavy.

Just gone home to find it waiting for me.
Having a quick look now and I'm glad it's a long weekend.

Pete

And the very first time I open the book I find an error on the first page I look at. I hope this is going to be better than the Welsh book for glaring errors that should have been spotted in proof reading stage.

Not very good @Mick Ryan

Mine arrived today thank you Mick, only just got back from a short break and will have a good look over the weekend.

Cheers
Rich

Mine arrived yesterday, amazed at the sheer scale of it! I'm hoping to pop into the Peaks on the way up north this week, so I'll pick a location or two from it!

Chomping through the beast of the book now while at work, definitely worth the purchase! Makes night shifts so much easier! :)

Thank you for all the comments and glad the books arrived.

Yes as regards the Yorkshire Dales – Lizzie Shepherd and Oliver Wright are hard at work on this volume.

As regards apps and ebooks: the intention is to do stripped down e-editions, with location services included to get you to a location, for each book/area once the current crop are published. For locations that require a long walk, snap the relevant pages with your phone.

As regards any errors - there will always be some, if you spot any, drop us a quick email at info@fotovue.com with the name of the book and page number, describing the error - typos or anything. We will then add this to the master correction copy to be corrected when we reprint or in the second edition.

Dolomites is off to print this week - followed by Scotland and South Wales.

All the best,

Mick

Been going through mine - just need to get to the Peak District to try it out :)

The Cornwall and Devon edition was a godsend - thanks

Back