New Photo-Location Guidebook: The Peak District

My copy arrived last week, using it in the Peaks this week. I like the way each section is laid out with good directions and information on the best view points, just wish we had a bit more blue sky. My only criticism is that the images are a bit dull, lacking vibrancy which I assume is due to the printing.

I've recently bought this and I've got to say it sets new standards for the genre. There are photographic guide books and then there's this one. Toally blown away with the locations and the descriptions.
The photography within the book is of a high standard, unusual for a guide book most of which are stuffed full of average stock photos. It's not a coffee table book of Peak District photos, but it gives you the locations to create your own.
There is enough content in here to keep you shooting for a very long time, if you ever manage to get round all of the locations!!

I've recently bought this and I've got to say it sets new standards for the genre. There are photographic guide books and then there's this one. Toally blown away with the locations and the descriptions.
The photography within the book is of a high standard, unusual for a guide book most of which are stuffed full of average stock photos. It's not a coffee table book of Peak District photos, but it gives you the locations to create your own.
There is enough content in here to keep you shooting for a very long time, if you ever manage to get round all of the locations!!

Like Chris says Kev - thank you for appreciation and taking the time to post them. Very much appreciated.

all the best,

Mick

A copy of the book dropped through my letterbox a few days ago. Very nice stuff, and loads to inspire me. Great job.

I've been meaning to take more (and better) advantage of the Peak District for a long time (given that I live in Sheffield), so this will be useful guide to some locations I'm less familiar with - especially the directions and details on terrain, best times to visit etc.

I'm actually off to the Peak on Wednesday this week - I'm planning on parking in Grindleford and then hiking up Padley Gorge, across to Over Owler Tor, and then back down through the Bolehills. I have to wait for the kids to go to school beofore I set off, so I might miss the best of the morning light, but hopefully there'll still be something worth a shutter click or two, and if not, then at least it's a lovely place for a walk.

Last edited:
Have just back into taking photography seriously after a 5 year break ( 1st post in 5 years ) and I am spending money right from the off. Have watched a few landscape Vlogs on YouTube and many featured the Peak District look forward to this highly rated book dropping through my letterbox. Then maybe I will get my backside off the sofa and venture down the road a bit.

Excellent. Thanks for buying a copy. Ihope you find it useful.

The weather tomorrow looks pretty good actually. We've got a smattering of snow and the low temperature overnight should ensure it's still there in the morning. Just drive carefully. I'm sure it will be a wee bit dodgy coming over the tops.

A copy of the book dropped through my letterbox a few days ago. Very nice stuff, and loads to inspire me. Great job.

I've been meaning to take more (and better) advantage of the Peak District for a long time (given that I live in Sheffield), so this will be useful guide to some locations I'm less familiar with - especially the directions and details on terrain, best times to visit etc.

I'm actually off to the Peak on Wednesday this week - I'm planning on parking in Grindleford and then hiking up Padley Gorge, across to Over Owler Tor, and then back down through the Bolehills. I have to wait for the kids to go to school beofore I set off, so I might miss the best of the morning light, but hopefully there'll still be something worth a shutter click or two, and if not, then at least it's a lovely place for a walk.

Excellent. Thanks for buying a copy. Ihope you find it useful.

The weather tomorrow looks pretty good actually. We've got a smattering of snow and the low temperature overnight should ensure it's still there in the morning. Just drive carefully. I'm sure it will be a wee bit dodgy coming over the tops.

Thanks Chris. I’m looking forward to it.

Back