New "Photoshop" appeared in my Creative Cloud Desktop window

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I recently updated to Photoshop 20.0.7 a couple of days ago. I've just looked to the Creative Cloud Desktop window and there in a "New" Photoshop app in there now. The logo has the rounded corners like some YT videos are saying Photoshop 2020 will have.

Anyone know what the new app is at all?

I did the same upgrade but am not seeing anything new in my desktop window. Could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks Droj. Never seen that before at all.

Interesting. I don't see that. I don't think it is a mobile ap because you still have the 'Desktop' section selected.

Is it possible that this is an update for an older version of Photoshop that is still on your computer?

What happens if you click on the 'new' logo?

Yeah I just got a message on the info centre that there are a bunch of new apps waiting for me. When I log in, it looks like the new PS is here along with the iPad version that got announced today.

Obviously I'm not going to install it because I have a shoot tomorrow and this isn't my first rodeo :) You first?

logo gives you this page, it is Photoshop desktop v21.0.
I'm running the update as we speak.

Capturea.JPG

Last edited:
Photoshop 2020 (v21.0) installed without issues.

Interesting. I just updated my version of Creative Cloud. I now have 13 programme ready to be upodated, including the one that you mentioned in this thread. Wonder why I didn't get a notice about updating CC? Or why I needed to update it anyway? Oh well - new goodies to explore :)

Yeah I just got a message on the info centre that there are a bunch of new apps waiting for me. When I log in, it looks like the new PS is here along with the iPad version that got announced today.

Obviously I'm not going to install it because I have a shoot tomorrow and this isn't my first rodeo :) You first?
Go on Jonathan, give it a try. You know you want to.

Thanks for the help everyone. If anyone downloads the new 20 version, please let us know how you got on with the download. Looking at the YouTube videos there seem to be some really improved features.

Well thanks Adobe. I'm shooting all day for a city client. Lightroom refuses to launch unless it can check registration servers. It worked yesterday and license is paid up for another 10 months bit it won't let me use the software I've paid for.

It's pretty frustrating that Photoshop for iPad is not compatible with RAW files! Hopefully they will introduce this further down the line.

If worked fine for me yesterday. Unfortunately it still won’t go full screen properly on a Mac.

I downloaded it yesterday (on windows pc), and had to create a shortcut, but other than that, all is good so far. You can keep your old settings too, so everything is layed out as before. Same with bridge, and ACR.

Full screen into its own workspace on the Mac, like every other application, even Lightroom.

Well mine does a full screen, although I have dual monitors, but that should not make a difference.

Hit the tab key, then press the F key twice, this gives me a full screen of just my image that I am viewing, if that is not what you mean then I'm a bit lost :(

Well thanks Adobe. I'm shooting all day for a city client. Lightroom refuses to launch unless it can check registration servers. It worked yesterday and license is paid up for another 10 months bit it won't let me use the software I've paid for.

Well that was a more than necessarily stressful day. Lightroom wouldn't run *at all* without contacting Adobe's servers. Or rather I could trick my way past the message and then it would shoot about 2 tethered pics and then crash. I had deliberately started LR on that machine the day before because I've been caught with an expired lease before but this time they were just making everybody phone home. I can only guess that with all the excitement about the upgrades, the servers were overloaded and Adobe just don't care about working pros any more :)

Eventually I cobbled together a VPN'd hotspot and managed to authenticate - but I'd already shot about 150 images to card by then and catching up on proofing is going to take a bit of unravelling.

Honestly, I bet editing on an iPad is fun for those people who shoot jpeg and have an iPad. But for the rest of us, maybe just a little time dedicated to keeping the software we already paid for working would be appreciated.

And yes, checking out Capture1 is now on my urgent to do list.

Well mine does a full screen, although I have dual monitors, but that should not make a difference.

Hit the tab key, then press the F key twice, this gives me a full screen of just my image that I am viewing, if that is not what you mean then I'm a bit lost :(
That does full screen on whichever space/desktop it is opened in - ie on top of any other applications. Rather than moving to its own space, like any other Mac application has for years.

Which version of Lightroom are you using: Lightroom Classic or the Cloud-based version? The Classic version should work without needing to check servers every time you start it (I think it has to 'check-in' once a month). The cloud version might need more contact since it stores photos in the cloud, not locally.

Last edited:
Which version of Lightroom are you using: LIghtroom CLasasic or the Cloud-based version? The Classic version should work without needing to check servers every time you start it (I think it has to 'check-in' once a month). The cloud version might need more contact since it stores photos in the cloud, not locally.

Classic - and yes that's exactly what it usually does - logs in now and again. This was logged in on Monday and then froze on Tuesday until it could reach the server.

Classic - and yes that's exactly what it usually does - logs in now and again. This was logged in on Monday and then froze on Tuesday until it could reach the server.

Thanks. That is really weird. And frustrating.

Aaaaand.....pretty much the same thing on the desktop. Sat down for a long day's editing and Lightroom just kept crashing. After about 4 goes it stayed up long enough to tell me I need to sign in to Adobe. Now it *appears* to be working.

C'mon Adobe, I don't need this stress.

I see the iPad version is getting slated in the App store. Doesn’t look like the wait was worth it which is disappointing..

So.......somehow, LR and PS managed to install new versions of themselves on both my Macs. I don't remember setting anything to stop that but usually it at least asks.

Fortunately, the only differences seem to be new splash screen and you can do 2 exports at once. Phew.

Fortunately, the only differences seem to be new splash screen and you can do 2 exports at once. Phew.

Did the new "Object Selection Tool" come with the download Jonathan or have you had to search for it like others have?

Did the new "Object Selection Tool" come with the download Jonathan or have you had to search for it like others have?

Just taken a look and it is there.

Shooting portraits against an evenly lit background it does an adequate job of cutting them out. Except for hair. So it's OK at really easy stuff. Maybe I'm missing something but I'm glad I didn't pay for this upgrade.

Back