New sigma lens coming??

That no doubt weighs 6 ounces and costs less than £50.

I'll take 2 at the full retail price as long as that includes P&P. Actually, make that just the one in dual Nikon F and Fuji X mounts.

A 500 f4 IS would be good competition for Canon, or even a 400 F5.6 IS prime. Either would fill the void in affordable primes.

if its along the lines of there recent lenses then whatever it is will be superb

A 500 f4 IS would be good competition for Canon, or even a 400 F5.6 IS prime. Either would fill the void in affordable primes.

That's what I'm hoping for! Or even an f4.5 that has some sort of image stabilisation!

That's what I'm hoping for! Or even an f4.5 that has some sort of image stabilisation!
True, that would do the job but f4 would be even better at around 1/3rd the price of the Canon ;)
Be good for Nikon users to have other options at the long end although I guess they have the 200-500 so probably not as important as the Canon users.

True, that would do the job but f4 would be even better at around 1/3rd the price of the Canon ;)
Be good for Nikon users to have other options at the long end although I guess they have the 200-500 so probably not as important as the Canon users.

From what I've seen of he 200-500 it's not a patch on the pro versions. At f5.6 and with little ability to take TCs its not really a comparison so if this is what we're hoping, itll be amazing for us Nikon users too ;)

From what I've seen of he 200-500 it's not a patch on the pro versions. At f5.6 and with little ability to take TCs its not really a comparison so if this is what we're hoping, itll be amazing for us Nikon users too ;)
Fingers crossed then, we'll all be happy campers if it did happen. They have released a fan few art and contemporary lenses at the short end so maybe they will do for a long prime. Here's hoping!

MFT to bolster the present 3 lens Art line up, Macro would be good Sigma.

I'm with the 135 crowd, missing it from the Canon, but if Sigma manage to pull off a 135 Art that might cause problems with my saving!

Last edited:
Been talk for some time of a 24-70 f/2 will likely be that.

70-200 f2 maybe?
24-70 1.8 ;-)
70-200 f2 is my guess
50-150 f/2 would be my gues.
Even a 50-150 f2 would be nice.
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I don't think we're going to see a 3x zoom which is f/2 or faster. Sigma have introduced two very fast zooms in recent times, the 18-35mm f/1.8 for crop sensors and the 24-35mm f/2 for full frame, and their zoom ranges aren't even 2x, let alone 3x. If they had the capability to extend the zoom range on either of those designs - especially the latter - then surely they would have done so.

My money is on a 35-70mm f/2.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I don't think we're going to see a 3x zoom which is f/2 or faster. Sigma have introduced two very fast zooms in recent times, the 18-35mm f/1.8 for crop sensors and the 24-35mm f/2 for full frame, and their zoom ranges aren't even 2x, let alone 3x. If they had the capability to extend the zoom range on either of those designs - especially the latter - then surely they would have done so.

True. 75-150 f/2 then.

My money is on a 35-70mm f/2.

Good shout :)

70-200 f2 is my guess

Take one look at the size of the Canon 200 f/2L to realise that this is utter nonsense. A 70-200 f/2 would be massive and cost a fortune to manufacture. Even if they could technically do it, it'd be way outside their target market.

A 24-70 f/2 was rumoured a while back and is a possibility.

Take one look at the size of the Canon 200 f/2L to realise that this is utter nonsense. A 70-200 f/2 would be massive and cost a fortune to manufacture. Even if they could technically do it, it'd be way outside their target market.

A 24-70 f/2 was rumoured a while back and is a possibility.

I have no understanding of lens design etc and if I'm honest have little interest in it. Was just a guess based on nothing substantial hence "my guess".

Obviously struck a chord :thinking:

looking at it logically there 300mm f2.8 and 500mm f4 lenses are both overdue for a re-vamp ,and if they build on the success of the 150-600 S & C models with ability to tune via usb hub then its worth waiting for .kudos to sigma they have gone from strength to strength in a globally fading marketplace .

I have no understanding of lens design etc and if I'm honest have little interest in it. Was just a guess based on nothing substantial hence "my guess".

Obviously struck a chord :thinking:

Sorry if I came across as belligerent, I didn't mean to. It just seemed as if quite a few people were assuming it was a 70-200 based solely on the silhouette looking a bit like existing 70-200 f/2.8 lenses when, in reality, a 70-200 f/2, if even possible, would look outlandishly different :)

sigma rumors says an 85-135 f2 is very probable...

Realistically, that's probably about the best balance of what's feasible, while being practical and affordable with good performance at the same time. Bokehlicious portrait lens on both full-frame and APS-C. Yes please :)

An 85-135 f/2 would be a seriously interesting lens for wedding/portrait usage. That said, given how good the 70-200 II is, the Sigma's quality and AF performance would have to be stellar to make the additional stop worthwhile.

Back