New Sigma lenses

Makes you wonder why Apple, Canon and Nikon raised their prices by 25-30% then :mad:
Essentially we are at a point where (once VAT it taken into account) $1 = £1.

Of course you then have to take into account what are convenient amounts - for example Apple raised from 79p to 99p; but when they were at 79p that equated to 95 cents where Apple were charging 99 cents.

Equally of course Cameras are priced in Yen. In June £1 was worth 155-160 YEN, its now worth 140 so only a 10% variation; though it did drop to around 125 for a time.

Makes you wonder why Apple, Canon and Nikon raised their prices by 25-30% then :mad:
Wisdom used to say that there was a sucker born every minute, but given the Brexit result we can say that it's far more often than that.

Wisdom used to say that there was a sucker born every minute, but given the Brexit result we can say that it's far more often than that.
And of course we (in the UK) have always paid on average higher prices than they have in the US...

Yes, sadly I can't believe how many suckers voted to remain.

Yes, its great of individuals who bought pre-brexit and looking to sell.
I had a massive amount of Sony hardware and due to the price increases I didn't lose much at all.

Yep, its almost given me confidence to buy bits when I see them at a good price, I sold all of my Fuji stuff and really didn't lose much of anything, bought secondhand before Brexit and sold following it.

It appears the new 135mm will cost $1400 and be available in May. No UK price yet that I've seen but Park have a preorder page.

It appears the new 135mm will cost $1400 and be available in May. No UK price yet that I've seen but Park have a preorder page.

I think the new 135mm will be more tempting to Nikon owners, me included. I can see a few 135mm DC's soon appearing on the second hand market.

Good to see Sigma providing a prime focal length which Nikon seem to have forgotten about

Yeah but come on... this is a Sigma Art... no dodgy red ring!
:nikon:

Not in my hands :p

AhQYfwc.jpg

How else will it blend in? :p

nnhQiFx.jpg

Back