New Star Trek series is on the way

Yup - and Richie's gone bald!!!

Only ever watched a full episode of the original series, only watched clips of the new series and could not take to it.

Is that the sound of a dead horse being flogged that I hear?

Love Star Trek....but Enterprise was just dire.

loved next generations , enterprise was a bit odd archer was a bit wooden.

good news i will watch it.

Loved watching the original series back in the 70s with the family, was amazed the way they would beam down to planets.

Yes fantastic. And that Star Fleet uniform regulations called for mini skirts.

Star Trek noises. Just listen:

Last edited:
Excellent news :D

I have a key ring that makes a bunch of original Star Trek noises.
I did NOT get it at an SF Star Trek convention in 1993.....nosiree!! :eek:

I would probably go to a convention under the Gerry Anderson umbrella, apart from space 1999 that is, never liked that .

I would probably go to a convention under the Gerry Anderson umbrella, apart from space 1999 that is, never liked that .

But I didn't get it at a convention. ..honest! !

Ah, the old "I wasn't there when it didn't happen." defence?

And I absolutely wasn't a part of a klingon delegation. ....no.

Whatever it ends up like it can't be any worse than Enterprise so ..

ty9sDp.jpg

:D

PS - I didn't have a matt black TNG communicator badge on the lapel of my bike jacket, nooooooo I never.

Whatever it ends up like it can't be any worse than Enterprise so ..

ty9sDp.jpg

:D

PS - I didn't have a matt black TNG communicator badge on the lapel of my bike jacket, nooooooo I never.

Of course you don't.
I hear ya. :LOL:

loved next generations , enterprise was a bit odd archer was a bit wooden.

good news i will watch it.

Only first couple of episodes on cbs broadcast channel, rest then on their subscription one :(

Only first couple of episodes on cbs broadcast channel, rest then on their subscription one :(

Newsgroups (for non-copyright material) :/

Last edited:
As a Trekkie, that does please me as we could use a new "official" television ST series. But will it be only available via online streaming, like Top Gear on Amazon? I wonder what era it'll be based on?

Either or, for the love of the Good Lord, I just hope CBS doesn't allow JJ Abrams to go anywhere near it.

Apparently Jeremy Clarkson will play the captain, James May the science officer and Richard Hammond a tribble.

They want to call it "Star in a reasonably priced Trek" and will be up against the feared Stig collective.

Last edited:
Voyager like I hope, bipolar Janeway and Seven were great characters

Loved the Original, enjoyed TNG, DS9 was ok, Voyager was meh, Enterprise was awful!

Unlike Ian, I loved the film reboots and would be very happy if the new show continued in that vein.

That's the US plan, aiui, I would presume it would be sold to international channels as well.

Damn them! just when I decide to cancel my sub they do something like this!

Back