Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Am looking for your suggestions as to what to have in my new studio

I dont mean lighting, but instead I mean backdrops, props, chairs, rugs etc

What would you say is essential?

I depends totally on what you intend to shoot !

The question you have asked is a bit like "What car do I need ?".

Tell us more about what you are going to use the studio for, how big it is, what lighting you are going to have and I'm sure you'll get some useful replies....

Studio will be portrait, fashion and glamour.

Will also be shooting bands and basic music videos

Lighting is two sets of studio lights with umbrellas and softboxes and a ringflash

Size is 30 foot by 15 foot in main area which is painted matt black on walls, floor and ceiling

If it's a permanent set up, put it an infinity curve, painted white, get whatever coloured papers you think you might want and run them down the curve, it doesn't get ripped so easily that way. Props really depend on what sort of images you want to produce, the studio I use has got nothing in it and the only thing I miss is a posing stool!

I will whack one up tomorrow

Thanks everyone so far - all advice is welcome

Infinity curve would be right up there on my list of the must have things, props you can build over time i would just fill it with all sort of accesseries and some posing chairs, sofa, stools....

I've been designing my studio for a while now and originally was going to have an infinity curve. After thinking about it, I think i may now not bother. What I will have is a wall painted grey, in front of which I can put panels wallpapered with modern style paper or any other b/g ie industrial panels etc. a wooden floor will lead up to this. This allows me to shoot different sets easily. On the wall above the rear of the backdrop I will have paper rolls to create an infinity curve should the need arise. I just felt an infinity curve might just limit the amount of choices I would have with the background.
Dean :)

I'm now in the process of finishing my studio. I have also decided not to put in an infinity curve. I'm going to replace the cloth white and grey backgrounds for paper and keep the cloth black one. I keep trawling eBay etc for things that might come in handy for props.

I have an infinity cove and get lots of work because of it from advertising agencies. I guess it depends how big your studio is and whether there is additional space for all the other scenarios.

Back