New toy!

Edit My Images
No
Just got a new toy - Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L Mk II from Jessops in Trafford centre.

Ok - why Jessops? Well, I looked at Warehouseexpress.com and it was £1,039.00 - I looked at Jessops and it was £1,319.99 so it was obvious! :D

I rang Jessops in Deansgate and asked if they would price match - they said yes but only locally. When I said what about the Internet they put the phone down on me!

So I rang Trafford Centre Jessops and told them that if they could price match I would be there within the hour for it - they said they would have to ring Head Office.

Five minutes later they rang back and said yes they could price match it, and hey presto, its now on the end of my camera!

So, as somebody who usually avoids Jessops like the plague, I must say I have been very impressed by them this time.

(y) :woot: :clap:

Good for them. Nice to see that at least some people at Jessops have the right idea...

That lens combined with the 5D must be a dream!

nope, not jealous at all :bang: :p

Nice bit of kit that.....

I used Jessops on saturday for my 40D....

wouldnt have if I hadnt walked out of LCE in disgust...
for what the offered me part exchange for my 400d....(less then 2500 shutter presses... still with box etc....(even had the original LCE price sticker on it).

So cash over the counter to Jessops it was.... (400d going on ebay......probably)

Dave.

Congrats on the purchase :woot:. They do seem to be getting better, thats where I got my D80 from the other day. Almost the same as the cheapest price on the internet, then with delivery and it can be picked up straight away swung it for me.

could we see a picture taken with it and the 5d at 16mm!! i bet it is wide?

does it have distortion at the wide end

Best of luck Vinny with your new toy,

BUT (I must say)

I got a price from Kerso just before Christmas for the same lens

16-35mm II £750
82mm UV £12
82mm CPL £25
Postage to Ireland £20

Back