New type of ebay phising

Name
Andy Jones
Edit My Images
Yes
Well new to me anyway...

Email that looks like question to seller asking about an auction that's not yours. Gets you thinking what's going on here, that's no my auction and when you click on the link to the item you get redirected to a fake login page.

Good tip for fooling the phising sites, always type the wrong password first time you login anywhere - if it continues you know it's a fake.

ooops - wrong place! if you're godlike please move to OOF, cheers!

Good tip for fooling the phising sites, always type the wrong password first time you login anywhere - if it continues you know it's a fake.
Better tip is never click any link in an email. Go direct to the site yourself - there will always be something on the site if they have reason to send an email to you :)

Ahh but what if you've followed a link from a site, not an email...

Moved to OOF with godlike wave of hand. :D

Ahh but what if you've followed a link from a site, not an email...
Then you are in control - depends what site you have clicked from. My point is if for example you get an email from what is portrayed as ebay, don't follow anything, go to ebay yourself. Same if you get one from a bank, dont click, go to the bank yourself. etc.

Not following links from an email is good advice but isn't the point to make sure no matter how you got there (email, link or even a nasty trojan) you're checking the site isn't fake or hacked? After all, email is only one method of fooling people into visiting a phishing site.

By mis-typing your password you can confirm if the site is legit or not no matter how you got there...

I wasn't suggesting you didn't do that.

Each to his own :D

The best tip I was ever given, mainly to beat key loggers [which are used either by sneaking them onto your pc or contained within fake websites, though not all use this technique], is always, even when using genuine sites, is to type your correct password but miss out a few letters here and there, then use your mouse to click back to the places you left letters out, and put in the missing ones.... then hit enter.

As for the ebay phishing, new to me too, and as someone already said, go to the site directly, never ever follow links from an email.

Back