new york subway - atmospheric or dull?

Cheers Danny (y).

I am also familiar with the film reference TTOP123 (being a child of the '60s :eek:), the remake was also watchable with John T and Denzel W :cool:

M

New York has loads of atmosphere even the subway.......:)

New York has loads of atmosphere even the subway.......:)

I get to go Downtown NY many times each year and it sure does have some atmosphere at any hour of the day or night. But to this day I still have not managed to fathom out the Subway System. For some reason it nearly always takes me to some place I don't wanna go.;)

George.

We have crossed the pond three times to NYC and as it says in the song it is the city that does not sleep........:)

it sure is fun, last year was my 5th visit, very much looking forward to the next :cool:

M

Thanks Tim - i had planned for an empty / abondoned tone. Agreed, people in shot sometimes adds more grounding to the shot with some activity relating to the environment.

Thanks Nick for your feedback and kind words (y)

cheers,

M

Nice pic. It benefits by not having any people in it. It seems quite moody to me- just waiting for some lycans to appear with Blade :)
It would be a totally different pic with OOF figures in it, maybe more social documentary style.

Works for me totally Mark. It captures the slightly faded, grimy reality of the subway. I really like this kind of colour treatment. Use of shallow DoF is great and as others have said, having no-one in the scene is great. Spot on picture :)

Works for me, has a real atmosphere to it and as said above - thought about the "taking of Pelham 123" as soon as I saw it.

New York is just an amazing place. I just couldn't stop taking pictures whilst I was there a few years ago.

Back