Nexus 7 2012 & 2013 Tablets and no Lollipop update available

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I have both the 2012 and 2013 Nexus 7 tablets, neither have got the update for 5.0 or 5.0.1.. anyone any ideas on why and how I can get them updated?

Cheers

My nexus 4 has it and I know a mate who got it last week on his Nexus 7.. I thought the Google brands would get them first..

All available. Is your tablet rooted/ROM'd? I don't think it will auto-update if rooted. Our 2012 & 2013 7s and Nexus 4 updated a week or so ago.

I un-rooted my Nexus 7 2013 a couple of weeks ago, and it found and installed the update a day later.

As mentioned above, it won't update on a rooted device it seems.

If you bought them new and haven't rooted them yourself then they won't be rooted

Have you got system update turned off, go to Settings, About Phone, System updates

You should then be able to check for system update

My Nexus 5 just updated to 5.0.1 today

Hi

I have a 2012 nexus 7 and that has not had the update either. I think we just have to wait and keep checking. You 2013 one will probably get the update first as there have been issues after the update on the 2012 one.

My wife's Nexus 7 2013 only got it's 5.0.1 update last Friday, it went straight from 4.4.4

Same here waiting for it on my 2012 N7.

My Nexus 7 2013 upgraded to 5.01 before Christmas. It doesn't need to be rooted.

Have you done a "check for updates" (under Settings>System>About Tablet>System Updates) - it's possible you've got something set that prevents the update being detected.

I do that every few days, Alastair. But mine's the LTE version, always the last to get updates.
Same here. It annoys the hell out of me. I went with Nexus to avoid the update debacle on android, and guess what the chocolate factory is just as bad as the rest of them. Shame.

Yeah I have checked manually on both tablets..

You must have an issue with your machine because the updates are there for download. Have you tried calling Google Nexus Customer Support? I had cause to ring them recently on another matter and they rang me back within 10 seconds. Follow this link CLICKY

Last edited:
Just upgraded to 5.0.2 on my 2012... Every time I turn it on the darned thing needs to update something..... TBH: getting pretty bored of that now!

Just did a live chat with google and they said it would just come to each tablet when available and that products purchased directly from the play store will receive the updates first.

Lol I purchased mine from my the play store. But they seem to have forgotten about their top of the range LTE customers. God forbid they'll have to do a full rollout like Apple does with iOS.

Well here's a strange one.A little while ago, on my Google 4 I had a message saying the update to Android 5 was available. I didn't have time to do it then, but the message then disappeared.
When I now check for updates, it stays at 4.4.4 and says phone is up to date.
I wonder if they have suspended the update for a while due to some of the documented issues with it slowing devices down.
Exactly the same is true of my 2012 Nexus 7,which has ground to a slow crawl most of the time on 4.4.4
It also regularly loses and sight of its own GPS. :(

Nexus 7 2012 now updated to latest version :)

Well here's a strange one.A little while ago, on my Google 4 I had a message saying the update to Android 5 was available. I didn't have time to do it then, but the message then disappeared.
When I now check for updates, it stays at 4.4.4 and says phone is up to date.
I wonder if they have suspended the update for a while due to some of the documented issues with it slowing devices down.
Exactly the same is true of my 2012 Nexus 7,which has ground to a slow crawl most of the time on 4.4.4
It also regularly loses and sight of its own GPS. :(
My nexus 7 2013 did this too.

Apparently 5.0 was seriously buggy on a 2012 Nexus 7, don't know if they have pulled the update for the time being?

My 2012 nexus 7 is on 5.0.2 updated no problem

Hi

How long did the download take?

Thanks

It took a while on my nexus 7 2012 but now down. The tab gets a bit hot whilst using it and does feel a bit sluggish.

Oh I better check it then. And damn that stupid battery is empty again. I leave it for a week with 65% charged and it is dead the next time I want to use it :(

Back