NHS

Nothing to do with race, I don't care what colour skin someone has, we all have the same colour blood at the end of the day and more importantly we are all the same race.

What's with the Daily Mail reference? It seems that if anyone says anything remotely un-politically correct then they get branded as some sort of dragonian warlord and subsequently a Daily Mail reader.

I've nothing against the welfare system in principle; except that it is used and abused by far too many and unfortunately when there are genuine cases (like someone who posted here) it often fails them. It failed me in the past but that's life, I just got on with things.

Yes, I was there, why would I make it up? How strange. It doesn't take a genius to spot the difference between decent people (whether they work or not) and full-time life long benefit claimants because they are simply lazy *****es.

There's nothing snobby about it. Lift the chair when you move it, don't drag it and wake every baby up. Close the bin quietly like a decent person and not let it slam and wake every baby up. Don't shout and swear down your phone and wake every baby up. Spare a simple thought for others around you but these people are incapable of such.

Chavs/Neds, who the hell else do you think I was talking about?

But if you would rather bury your head in the sand and choose the ultra-pc Daily Mail calling route then by all means, go ahead so long as you try and look good. All that's really happening is the UK is falling apart.

It's a shame because the nurses are very much frustrated at the situation. Perhaps if there were less career benefit claimants then there would be more money to pump in the NHS and other vital services. But these people don't give a monkeys. Oh sorry, I better not upset anyone.... these people deserve benefits because everyone owes them right?

(y) Well said. You are now a claimist, a NHSish a Daily Mailist and a Chivist................................Keep it up

Is it just me or are the majority of people in the maternity section of hospital enjoying the NHS, are also quite clearly not the kind of people who contribute towards the financing of the NHS?

Quick! They are in for the wrong operation!!! The castration theatre is that way --->

:naughty:

Suprised to see bankers on a NHS ward always thought they would go private ah well we live n learn

Steve

I suppose it doesn't help having open borders with the EU when we have a state provided health system. What did they expect would happen? Of course it going to be overloaded but the neds and chavs don't exactly help matters.

Ian, do you mean chauvinist? I've never heard of Chivist. If disliking neds/chavs for abusing the NHS makes me fit in with all of your comments then I'll happily start reading the Daily Mail ;)

Steve, I'm not a banker and I'm not rich. I work very hard for what I have though as do many other people which is why this sort of thing annoys me.

It's interesting how people react to this type of thing. Unless you are a complete moron then everyone knows exactly what kind of people I'm talking about, yet try and play the righteous card on here as if it's going to get the brownie points from everyone.

All these ongoing generations of non-working, not wanting to work and constant breeding neds/chavs that so many on here seem to be ultra quick to stick up for, come on and tell me what they are doing for this country because I must be missing something?

Unfortunately there will always be people caught up in sweeps like this that are truly deserving but may lose out.

I know, this is what makes it such a challenge as there must be many who are desperate to get out but the circumstances they are born into hold them back. However, even if they can't get work etc it doesn't mean they have to act with absolutely no consideration for others.

If they are going to take from the system but not give anything back then the least they can do is be semi-civilised. Being civilised is a basic and raw fundamental part of what makes us a first world country (leaving aside economics etc). I don't like to say it but my dog has better manners than some of these people.

Surely, it's really about upbringing...

The chavs who won't work, who sponge off of the state, who have no manners or consideration for other people etc are like that because they've learned that type of behaviour from their parents, who think that the world owes them a living, it's a vicious circle that they can't break because
a. They don't know that there's another way of doing things and they think that their way is right
b. Everyone in their family and friends group is exactly the same.

Occasionally, people can change. My better half took on a young man of 24 who had never worked, had hardly ever attended school and who was resigned to living on benefits because he had no hope of ever getting a job even if he wanted one. He came to her on a Jobcentre scheme for long term unemployed, basically she got a grant (no longer available) for taking on people like him for 6 months, and he still got his benefits. He was the only one of the group who was worth the trouble, most of the others didn't even turn up for work, or skived off every chance they got, but he stuck at it.

When the scheme ended she pushed casual work his way, and let him see that there was another way of living. Anyway, to cut a long story short, he now has a job, a future, self respect and has learned a lot of new skills. His family though think that he's a complete muppet for working when he could get almost as much money for nothing, but they will never change.

The 'permanent claimant' class do have their problems though - they tend to be treated like dirt by everyone else, they are always at the back of any waiting list, they generally can't get a bank account, and they end up on council estates with people of the same type, so they suffer from noisy and unpleasant neighbours so that standard of life becomes normal to them, in short they're trapped. And of course they breed, because having kids gets them more benefits, and perhaps because they're too disorganised to avoid unwanted pregnancy.

As for hospital care, even that is different according to my eldest daughter, who is a midwife. Possible problems and 'respectable' people get experienced, qualified midwives. Chavs get student or newly qualified midwives, unless something goes wrong.

is it just because they are not looking their best after having a kid ?

This is the most asinine comment I've seen on this forum for a long time. Clearly just a brownie point attempt because it is such a ridiculous insinuation to make.

I'll report back on the other patients in a few weeks but I for one have paid tax for years as has my husband so I guess we qualify to be allowed to breed?

So your first post was just attention seeking?

I do also agree that people should not breed until they can afford it

This is pretty much the point I was ultimately aiming for. Although within reason, perhaps one shouldn't "plan" to have children unless they can afford them. Obviously accidents happen and situations can change but the deliberate procreation for extra benefits etc is where it's wrong.

But to say that it's the majority of people in the maternity area is pretty nasty and in my mind totally inaccurate.

I agree, I should really have said in my own experience and experience of some others. Nurses, midwives etc do suffer a lot of abuse though and I'll bet they get more abuse than thank yous.

During all my appointments and classes I can safely say the majority of people actually look like normal, working couples rather than benefit scroungers etc.

Come to Glasgow ;) Maybe I've just been unlucky or you've been lucky.

Surely, it's really about upbringing...

Thank you for a decent response and it does go to show how the vicious circle can have such an impact. Not so sure about the preferential selection within the wards though, they seem to run after the chavs a lot more - although they are quite buzzer happy!

Well, this is all getting a little political, I just wanted to get it off my chest but it's interesting as always to see how some people stand, interpret and react.

This is the most asinine comment I've seen on this forum for a long time. Clearly just a brownie point attempt because it is such a ridiculous insinuation to make.

Certainly not as asinine as yours, anyone not fitting your critieria is classed as non-contributing to society and should be sent to the...as you say "castration theatre". You know, millions died in the WWII because of people with similar thoughts to you.

Should people regardless of their background be left in the streets without medical care that can only be provided by a hospital ?

Is it just me or are the majority of people in the maternity section of hospital enjoying the NHS, are also quite clearly not the kind of people who contribute towards the financing of the NHS?

Quick! They are in for the wrong operation!!! The castration theatre is that way --->

:naughty:

The points you have made since this one I pretty much agree with but I don't think this original post reflects the overall picture that you've experienced. Everything i've said is based on this starting post which came across as a random rant about a certain class but then you vanished into thin air and didn't back up your reasoning. I now assume this is because you now have a child/ grandchild/ niece or nephew etc to keep you busy and give you sincere congratulations if this is the case.

However, I still don't agree that it's a majority from my experience of hospital visits for scans, my community midwife appts and parent craft classes. There is a fairly high % that would make you think "get off your *** and get a job" but i'd say a larger % appear to be working couples.

First question the service, not the abuse of it ...."my taxes pay for those people etc..." your taxes pay for a lot of things, some of them good, some of them bad but do you question where your tax is spent? or blindly have it sucked from your income each month? if you have work done at home you get quotes right? so how come we all pay out for services we havent chosen and that dont meet our local community needs against cost?

We are "as a country" lucky to have an NHS (watch a documentary called Sicko and tell me otherwise)

Does the NHS service the needs of a nation?

imo, mostly yes

Does it spend money wisely?

hmmmmm...

having children in a hospital is a fairly new thing... birth is a natural thing remember? not a hospital procedure with drugs... yet only 2% of births in the UK are home births.. why?.

So before we question if people should be having children; firstly question why we are not better educated to have a natural home birth without medical intervention if desired, thus saving many tax payers pennies.

as for should.. and il be blunt in my paraphrasing, chavs or none caucasian god, devil worshiping dole dossers have kids... Absolutely! it could be the best thing they ever do! can they afford it??? who cares! will they love that child and bring it up to the best they can? Thats something worth giving a sh@t about!

whilst our social system is far from perfect it helps those down on luck, those with poor health who cant work... those skilled that still cant find work and yes those that cant be arsed to get a job but still wear 90 quid nikes and when the day comes that your pulling your last breaths and that crappy system makes the pain ease youl be glad we have the NHS, all of its corruption, misspent funds, more pen pushers than medical staff, the highest number of staff accessing private medical care in any sector.. seriously! (What does this tell you?)...

Andy

So before we question if people should be having children; firstly question why we are not better educated to have a natural home birth without medical intervention if desired, thus saving many tax payers pennies.

We did plan and try a homebirth but had to go in after 30 hours. A very insightful post though, thank you. I personally feel the NHS do a very good job all things considered and a welfare system is a good thing which will obviously be abused, but in the UK I fear it is over-abused.

And Julie, thanks for the good wishes. Interesting how only you could see further than just arguing and insulting. I would agree that I've been very generalising with some of my comments but then putting aside the silly castration joke, I was asking a question yet the immediate responses are pretty much personal with me now being apparently racist and a Nazi. Well, at least they missed out Stalin. A growing trend on these forums.

Oh Frank another ridiculous comment, so I'm a Nazi now? lol Such a cliché. The naughty symbol I put after it means there's some humour involved but if you want to continue trying to make this something bigger than what it is then go ahead. You appear to be trying to divert the topic in order to create an argument.

Should people regardless of their background be left in the streets without medical care that can only be provided by a hospital ?

This is not the topic, we are talking about chavs having kids when they can't afford to contribute to the care required never mind actually raising the child. In answer to your question, yes we should help them. That is what makes us civilised. Doesn't mean I have to like it though and if they'd stop having children then the never ending cycle of career benefit claimants would eventually dissolve.

While we are talking about the nhs, there is a point i want to bring up about bupa...

a rather snobby mate of mine that if he loses his head any further up his own ass is going to suffocate was bragging about how he signed up with bupa because he only deserves the best la de dar de dar!

Seriously, is it just me that feels bupa is actually an unessesary luxury that you dont actually need and only the rich and snobby have (no offence to anyone that has it) to use as a status show off.

Lets look at the facts, sign up to bupa and you have to pay to be a member, yet you still have to pay national insurance that pays for any hospital treatment, and that is compulsary.

So in effect you are bascally paying insurance for a ford mondeo, and a bmw z3, yet you only drive the Mondeo. Seems like a waste of money.

I know some people like to think they are better than others and want the best treatment and jump the queue because they don't want to have to sit and wait with the rest of the riff raff, but seriously my mate was slagging off the nhs and how dirty it is and how bad the staff are, yet if he was to have a car crash, the first place he is going to end up is in an nhs hospital, and wont be moved to a bupa hospital until after the most important part, his treatment, possible life saving operation and general recovery in a 'dirty' nhs ward, by nhs staff and when he is cleared safe for transfer can then sit in the luxurious private room with sky tv and m&s food.

I think we would be lost without the nhs, we slag it off and bitch about it all the time, but seriously, with all the taxes and expensive costs to live in this country, we would be screaming for it back if the government opted for an american healthcare approach, then yes, bupa would be welcomed by all.

Back