Nice, France train station

It's a shame that you've not received a single comment on this. I keep coming back to look at this image and, possibly because it's small, it took me a long time to realise that the subject/target for the eye is the person walking away from the camera bottom left.

There's a couple of things I'd like to suggest that might help. I've been distracted by the distortion of vertical lines in the image, so that the pillars *look* like they are curved instead of vertical, and the top of the image seems to lean over to the left even though the bottom of the image seems to be horizontal. The repeating pattern also drew my eye away, and had me hunting for a subject at the top right of the image. While it's interesting, it isn't exactly negative space that makes the bottom of the image stronger and actually weakens the effect of the pillars and man. Try cropping about 35% off the top and 25% off the right and the image becomes much more powerful - almost classic.

Hope that's useful.

If I'm honest this is an image that didn't need taking, There is no point to it. What was your intention and how did this image accomplish that intention?

If I'm honest this is an image that didn't need taking, There is no point to it. What was your intention and how did this image accomplish that intention?

Thats quite harsh. Could say the same about a lot of images.

I would agree with Toni that there is a better crop in there and think the effect of the lean to the left is due to the near vertical pole at the end of the row of pillars having a larger gap at the top between it and the 'narrowing' pillar.

However for me the rails take the eye straight out of the frame. The roof could be very interesting but its almost eliminated.

I would also question whether the person was designed to be the subject or was that purely co-incidental?

Thank you all for the comments, it is wasn't taken with a certain intention, more around sharing a memory and capture the station itself as I did like it how it blends with the city, even though it is being slightly overtaken as you can see there is a road pretty much going above it. As for the people I would say quite diverse and interesting, definitely a great place to visit.

I like it but it needs a fair bit of clockwise rotation followed by some vertical adjustment so all the pillars are vertical! I agree that a slightly closer crop would make it a stronger image although it is a rather unfair to say that there is no point to the image.....I think that would rule out about 90% of my shots as well!! :) How about this one?

24486419815_4b8a4e6203_o.jpg

That's actually much better thank you a lot, I definitely like it more now, indeed much more interesting and the person pops-up more

Back