Nice number plate

A local business man has GP1 and GP2

My now retired , possibly deceased, GP had VD 1 and 1 VD for himself and his wife

There is also a Coach Operator in Scotland who has a plate PSV 223 - it used to be ours when we had 2 cars

on a route where I walk often to get to uni, someone has AL15 SON on a Lambo, ALLIE on a Ferrari and ALLIEE on an Aston :eek:

some other notable ones i've seen are DR11 MAD (they rearranged it to read DR UMAD i think). and AR11 ENE which I thought was a very well done one, could be a legit plate

I saw a Ford Transit yesterday and by it's appearance and colouring suggested it belonged to an undertaker. Registration was D16 UP X.

Back in the '50s when that plate would have been first issued, KUM or CUM wouldn't have had the same connotations that it does today. Even in 1977, some very obvious ones were issued, perhaps the most famous being Steve Parrish's PEN 1 S (although that might be older and actually be PEN 15!)

I saw a relatively modern one on a Merc parked in Inverness a few years back. The number was TW02 BED, but it was spaced as TW0 2 BED. ;)

A lot but less than the plane it references (as I guess)

I was driving on the M40 yesterday and was passed by a car that belonged to a tatoo artist; the back screen was coverd with a translucent advert tatooing. The reg was WHO 2 TAT.

Dave

OHP 15S was issued apparently.

M381 TCH spaced as M3 81TCH used to be on a Yellow BMW M3 near my parents may years ago.

1 NOD or NOD 1 used to be on a local Volvo. The OD letter pairing is a local one so NOD isn't too rare around here, although I've never had one on any of my vehicles!

I saw BU55 CAT at the weekend with one of those small black screw-caps near the top of the U making it look at first glance more like an O.

I saw BU55 CAT at the weekend with one of those small black screw-caps near the top of the U making it look at first glance more like an O.

That rings a bell, I think I have seen that in the past couple of weeks.................somewhere in Guildford area I think it was?

I remember a story years ago about a butcher who missed out on a plate which read L1 NKS and promptly bought M1 NCE. I wonder why.

Someone local to me in Alnwick has X1. Must be worth a fortune.
And J11MNY on a Suzuki Jimny.

A bait digger in my area has the number plate " D16 LUG "

There is a Dacia Duster in the car park at work DU51TER if I remember rightly.

One of our clients has a 50th Anniversary gold Scania with the number GO11 DEN.

Can't be arsed with private plates. Especially the ones where people split up the spacing to try and spell something, and put screw covers in inappropriate places to try and turn a letter into a number. FFS... get a life. Particularly annoying when I get stopped for having US style plates on mine (despite being fully readable by ANPR) yet these tossers get away with it despite deliberately trying to alter the plate to make people read something that's not there.

Last edited:
Seen AD 10S on a porky and GAY 130Y with the 3 moved nearer the 1, brave boy

I spotted quite a nice modern looking Horsebox truck

300 GG

Possibly appropriate in more ways than one.......how much horsepower in that type truck engine ??? ;)

Can't be arsed with private plates. Especially the ones where people split up the spacing to try and spell something, and put screw covers in inappropriate places to try and turn a letter into a number. FFS... get a life. Particularly annoying when I get stopped for having US style plates on mine (despite being fully readable by ANPR) yet these tossers get away with it despite deliberately trying to alter the plate to make people read something that's not there.

and the thing is there paying crazy money for them, i have my name plate it didnt cost that much at the time

Spotted this one on the M25 a couple of years back...IMG_1470774562.635712.jpg

Saw L 50 RRY a few days ago. Appropriately on a driving school car.

Oops! Damn this cr@p memory of mine.

Local business guy in our town has 1GP & GP1

The actor who played the original Master in Dr Who lived near my old place in NW London. He had a Volvo with WHO 15 as the number plate.

Back