weekly Nicholi's 52 in 2013 week 6 Work added

Limited time, I'm afraid, so quick comments...

Like the idea and it does say Wild. Wonder what a high contrast B&W would look like?

Cheers.

Hi ya

Very Wild & unkempt so right on theme......as for the composition? I actually quite like it....keeps your eye moving round the image , spotting different things each time I look at it . As per Andy I wonder about mono but also wonder if a light touch of HDr would bring out the colors more :thinking:

Quite like that. Nice angle, sharp where needed and on theme.

Not keen on the vignetting, mainly because it obscures are or the World.

Cheers and keep enjoying and learning new things (y)

Cheers.

Nice image, I think it may be a little dark. Nice colours and perspective :)

thank you all for C&C and commenting, i can see what you all mean with really dark hindsight is a wonderfull thing lol

this week (well last week now) i was really struggling with the theme work but then it just hit me i have a workshop that i do WORK in lol best things are only a arms lenth away lets hope i get this weeks theme in on time

Week 6 work by Nicholas curtis, on Flickr

Another who REALLY likes this, great colours, beautifully sharp on the shavings, love the DOF.

Maybe a tiny bit more room all around would help. Great shot. :clap:

Just what's that dark bit to the left of the plane???

Nice shot, lovely colours and DOF.

I like that, very good, the placing of the plane works well to make the picture.

A nice image. I like the contrast colour on the plane head against the other woods.

I would have liked the shavings to be much sharper, the texture there is lost due to dof used. At first look i thought it was tissue paper rather than wood shavings.

Really like this. For some reason this shot really holds my interest. Lighting and composition work well. As said maybe a bit of extra DOF to get the shavings in focus.

Good Work! :)

Those shavings are really crisp and curvy! Maybe the plane is a little far away? Anyway, great shot!

Nice dof and nice simple idea :)

Only crit, you should never stand a plane on it's blade ;)

Lol nice crit blade was fully retracted and normally they are all on there side just shows the commitment I have to get the snap lol

Back