weekly Nicholi's 52 in 2013 week 6 Work added

Name
Nicholas
Edit My Images
Yes
Started with the intention of achieving every theme but life is busy at times (as we all know) so i have given myself 3 jokers and they will turn red when i use them
Joker Joker Joker

Week 1 : Sin
Week 2 : Season
Week 3 : Joker
Week 4 : Wild
Week 5 : Space
Week 6 : Work
Week 7 :
Week 8 :
Week 9 :
Week 10 :
Week 11 :
Week 12 :
Week 13 :
Week 14 :
Week 15 :
Week 16 :
Week 17 :
Week 18 :
Week 19 :
Week 20 :
Week 21 :
Week 22 :
Week 23 :
Week 24 :
Week 25 :
Week 26 :
Week 27 :
Week 28 :
Week 29 :
Week 30 :
Week 31 :
Week 32 :
Week 33 :
Week 34 :
Week 35 :
Week 36 :
Week 37 :
Week 38 :
Week 39 :
Week 40 :
Week 41 :
Week 42 :
Week 43 :
Week 44 :
Week 45 :
Week 46 :
Week 47 :
Week 48 :
Week 49 :
Week 50 :
Week 51 :
Week 52 :

Last edited:
hi Nicolas...a belated welcome to the madhouse from me :wave:

Liking that a lot , lovely warm tones , the whisky still in the glass ( leaving any is definately a sin ! )Great shot to kick off your project (y)
Maybe a smidge more room to the irght , not enough to make the bottle central , just a little to give the glass a bit more room :)

Looked on my phone and thought the glass had been knowcked over and spilled.... now THAT would be sinful!

love the candle lit scene. (y)

Hi Nick :)

Yes, slightly more room on the right and the top of the shadow in view would be perfect, but other than that it's great; lovely tones and nicely lit :)

Thank you all for talking time and commenting and my GF is happy (smug) because she suggested the candle

has a nice glow to it the candle has worked really well (nice telecaster too)

Last edited:
Hi there, more booze (one of mine was also (y)). Focus looks OK and the composition is OK.

I'd have removed the cork and possibly adjusted the WB, just looks a tad orange. Nice lighting on the BG from the glass.

Good start..51 to go :D

I'd have removed the cork and possibly adjusted the WB, just looks a tad orange. Nice lighting on the BG from the glass.

Good start..51 to go :D

ONLY 51 lol every time I look at it it seems to get more orange :|

Hi Nicholas,

Lovely image, love the harsh lighting in this and the nice warm glow given off the candle light, love the shadow on the wall and the tipped glass, as above find the tiled background a little distracting and would be greatly improved with a plain background.

I cant help but feel the cork would be better placed behind the glass slightly just to take away the prominence (is that the right choice of words?) of it in the frame, although i have a feeling thats stopping the glass rolling away? :LOL:

Overall great image :)

Danny

Hi Nicholas,

although i have a feeling thats stopping the glass rolling away? :LOL:

Overall great image :)

Danny

yes very true :D i wish i spent more time to get the glass to stay still but thats what the 52 is about and i have learn quite a bit from just one week

thank you

Hi, Nicolas, 2 nice ones there. Liking the angle in #1 and the detail in the wood. #2 is OK but, traffic permitting :D, an nice low angle photographing straight down the road would have been a cracker.

Cheers.

Number 1. technically its all there but if I had to state the subject - the "what is this of?" question - I'm not sure if it's the woodpile or the end of the woodpile (if you see what I mean) either a wider shot or a tighter crop might have been compositionally stronger?

I like the road in #.2 with the posts reinforcing the "this is the way" to the eye. shame about the sky having little interest but you couldn't help that, however with that in mind a lower angle to put the horizon higher in the frame might have worked even better.

Hope this helps! see you next week! ;)

Both nice shots, but prefer the logs myself
Nice composition for me, with just the right ammount of space around them
Its all subjective, but works for me

both bang on theme, looks very cold where you are.. like the composition of the road shot.. slightly prefer the logs..

Hope this helps! see you next week! ;)

as mr Tesco says every little helps lol thank you all for the comments and i prefer the logs too just wanted some C&C on the 2nd pic, will have to go back and get a shot lower down hopefully the snow is still there(y)

Both crackers for me Nicholas, well done.

I have nothing to add! (y)

I like both shots too, think No.2 would benefit from Brian's suggestion of a lower angle.

Hi ya

#1 for me ....very pretty , nice angle , well framed & lovely white whites (y)

#2....not sure why but just doesn't appeal so much...there's also something strange going off in the sky...a band straight across the centre , looks like it's pixelated ( not sure thats even a word !) like you've tried to drag back some detail maybe ?

Hi ya

#1 for me ....very pretty , nice angle , well framed & lovely white whites (y)

#2....not sure why but just doesn't appeal so much...there's also something strange going off in the sky...a band straight across the centre , looks like it's pixelated ( not sure thats even a word !) like you've tried to drag back some detail maybe ?

Thank you. And to think it was just down the road :) on number 2 I've only just seen that band and it looks like water on paper effect lol

was a bit busy last week for gravity,then when i did try i could not think of anything:thinking: o well thats one joker gone now. this weeks shot i wanted something that looked like the wild was taking back its land tell me what you think.

Wild by Nicholas curtis, on Flickr

Like the idea and the green of the moss in the foreground. It's one of those images that you see something different every time you look at it.

Its certainly wild but as Lee said above lacks a focal point

Really good subject. Personally I'd like to see a little more life in the image with a bit more PP, but that's pretty subjective for me. I like quite dramatic looking images. :)

Back