Nifty 50mm on tour?

Name
Peter Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
The traveling Canon and Nikon 50mm 1.8 primes.

Nifty's website : www.nifty50ontour.co.uk

The lens would get passed on to anyone that wants it for a duration (possible 1-2weeks) and we record its progress through photographs. It could be taken on holiday and travel a good distance across the globe :)

Regards costs, postage is around £5.50 RMSD around the UK.

Canon Nifty 50mm - Kindly donated by Mobile Virgin Thank You!
MacMike47 - NYC 4th - 13th March
Byker28i - IOM - 15th - 31st March
pearce_jj - UK - 1st - 7th April
AliB - UK - 8th April - 1st May
Rush - Auz/HK 8th-26th May
Slvrbck - Wedding 4th - 9th June
Scuzi - France 12th -16th June
Superstat - Euro 21st June - 5th July

DaveScanlan - Portugal 10th - 24th July
Fionab - Scotland - 1st Aug - 7th Aug
6ftblonde - Biggleswade - 11th - 17th Aug
Superstat - 5th Sept - 12th Sept
madferrit - South East Asia - 15th December to 5th Jan

Nikon 50mm
Lawless23456 - South Wales - 17th-24 May
Plugus Maximus - France - 3rd-15th June
Aimee K - Egypt - 19th-29th July
jonnyjogpants - 1st-14th August
Mattyh - 6th Sept - 8 Sept?

If you want on the list for either the Canon or Nikon just say via pm.

Pete

What a cracking idea. I've got a nifty I'm prepared to donate to this cause (Canon f/1.8). Its been to the Sahara a couple of times so its full of sand and you can hear the sand grating inside when it autofocuses. It would therefore be perfect for this type of exercise because its now become disposable. It is in otherwise perfect working condition - glass-wise its fine. Actually it works all ok. It just makes a noise.

So, line up folks. Lets hear your ideas.

Brilliant idea. I'm off to NYC in 10 days ;)

That's really a great idea. We'd have the second best-travelled lens in the world (after the one in Hubble maybe... :p)

If one of those tiny GPS trackers were to accompany the nifty-fifty we could plot its travels and what it saw there by linking the photos to the GPS coordinates and uploading it all to Google Earth!

Brilliant idea. I'm off to NYC in 10 days ;)

That's really a great idea. We'd have the second best-travelled lens in the world (after the one in Hubble maybe... :p)

Ok Macmike gets it first then :p

Glad you like the idea. We need more responses tho from the forum.

pete

This is a great idea. If the lens gets far enough around the world and into enough bizzare places it could get quite famous.

Perhaps once it's made a name for itself it should be ebay'd for a nominated charity? :shrug:

Nothing to stop Nikon owners doing the same.

Could have a competition.

This is a great idea! I am off to Australia and HongKong in May (8th-26th) I could take it there ;) It fits on a 400D doesn't it?

:canon:

a fantastic idea. I'm off to Majorca in June and possibly Las Vegas in October

Brilliant idea.

Instead of a nikon/canon war....I think we should have it as a double venture that we are all interested in and proud of. Both of our CLUB lenses doing the world. (y):woot:

I'd be willing to participate. I'm going to Dubai on March 13th. So I could be the second in line after macmike47, if he gets back from NYC in time...

Brilliant idea.

Instead of a nikon/canon war....I think we should have it as a double venture that we are all interested in and proud of. Both of our CLUB lenses doing the world. (y):woot:
Well said. We should have a thread in the photo sharing forum which is only for "nifty fifties on tour" and put both the Canon and Nikon shots in there.

It can come out to me here in Turkey for a week or so too. Great idea Pete :clap:

And that's a good suggestion from Janice, let's not have a war we all enjoy one thing in common.

Sounds a good idea, many years ago about 20 I sold all my Nikon kit apart from my Nikon FA and a 50mm lens. The idea was only to use a 50mm for 2 years in order to make me a better photographer, I think it worked.

I'm spending two weeks travelling round Europe this year (June 21st-5th July)

Would be able to take the Canon to Paris, Barcelona, Monaco, Nice, Milan, Prague and Amsterdam...

This is an awesome idea....!

cool glad people like the idea. Shall I start a proper thread with a list of people wanting it?

Pete

It's a great idea :) Might be an idea just to edit the first post Pete? Oh, and spain in June :)

i think this is an excellent idea. you could make a book of the photos at the end of the year

Superb idea! I'm in NYC and Boston on 13th April if it's not bagsied for then? It'll get some more airmiles :0

Cheers,
James

sending a lens..??

a...lens...?//

now a camera would be more like it, but a lens
why don't y'awl just use yer own:cautious:

I participated in a travelling camera group, infact, I shipped it.
It went to few places in the UK, then Europe and finished up in Australia.
It was fun, got stuck a few times with a few flakeys, and the participants were mostly non photo nutters, but it was good to see the images posted at the end, after a year of travel.

a...lens.....:shrug:
thats a quite divisive suggestion, for a forum community..

Ooo... I like this idea! If the Nikon lens is kindly donated to the cause then I'm in. I'm going to Canada 15th-27th March and hopefully Egypt in July. Plus I travel with my work, so if it's free then I can help it earn extra air miles! ;)

Indeedy - macmike47's under some serious pressure now :)

Lens on its way Monday

Nothing so exotic, but I'm on the Isle of Man at the end of March with a bunch of TVR's :)

You guys will have to sort it out amongst yourselves.

I would suggest 2 threads.

1. To organise the whereabouts of the lens

2. To post pics taken with it

I'll take a back seat from now on. But I have a few requests, seeing as its my lens. I hope they're not unreasonable.

1. By all means take photos of whatever you want to, but its an ace portrait lens, so, please use it wide open and take photos of people.
2. Please take a photo of the lens being well looked after.
3. Please have fun with it.
4. Its on loan. So, please can I have it back? At some point.

5. Oh, yeah. And if someone has the skills, I'd suggest a website to put all the pics up - you know - niftyfiftyonitstravels.com or whatever

:)

Well this looks like a perfect opportunity for Nikon owners to out-class them canon lot.
Forget the 50mm, if Messiah Khan donates his 300/2.8 that would really be one in the eye to the opposition.
What do you say MK?

First post is updated with a list.

Anyone going to donate the Nikon 50mm?

Also can a mod rename the thread something like Traveling Nikon and Canon 50mm 1.8, please?

Pete

Ooo this is so exciting.....can't wait to add my 2p...:banana:

Back