Nik Software Collection for £85 (with code)

Expect a whole load of over processed image threads appearing over the next few weeks! :LOL:

After a few confusing replies from one person at Google support, I got one from someone who obviously knew what they were doing and got my download link.

I got the email and downloaded the installer file but cant open it for some reason. Its not an .exe file. It looks like this

007_22671_WIN_FULL[1] File

any ideas?

I had this issue - simply rename the file adding .exe to the end and it works!

I had no need to rename the downloaded file - that was all fine - but I'm playing a drawn out game of ping pong with support about the failure to generate "Edit In" links within Lightroom during the installation process. I've added them all by hand, but you don't expect that lack of tight integration with software at this price.

I had no need to rename the downloaded file - that was all fine - but I'm playing a drawn out game of ping pong with support about the failure to generate "Edit In" links within Lightroom during the installation process. I've added them all by hand, but you don't expect that lack of tight integration with software at this price.

Hmm - it added all of those for me.....:thinking:

It just won't do it. It didn't do it with the trial software and it won't do it with the paid version. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and nada. Lightroom has been closed for any and all installation attempts.

I'm running Windows 8 Pro and have my presets (into which these links should be saved) stored with the Lightroom catalog rather than buried in some vacuous hole on my C: drive. I've explained this to support and am awaiting a coherent reply which is on point rather than the generic wibble I've been subjected to so far.

I've had to set all these links up manually from within Lightroom....

20130328_074705_.JPG

Otherwise I just get a big fat load of nothing in Lightroom....

Screenshot%2520%25283%2529.png

Last edited:
After a few confusing replies from one person at Google support, I got one from someone who obviously knew what they were doing and got my download link.

Can you describe how you went about emailing someone and what you said? Did you give out your key over the mail?

Not heard anything from them about a free upgrade yet...

Ian.

Well I just got the most intelligent reply so far from support, but they have done nothing but confirm back to me that their software doesn't recognised my perfectly normal, if not actually default, Lightroom setup. Here's the reply....

Dear Tim,

Francis escalated the case to me so I can further assist you. Occasionally, you may not see our software appear in Lightroom. You should not have to manually add the plug-ins. When the plug-ins don't appear, it's usually because the “Store Presets with Catalog” option in Lightroom's Preferences is checked. This option is in Edit > Preferences > Presets OR Lightroom > Preferences > Presets. Un-checking this box will make all of the plug-ins appear in the Photo > Edit In menu.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email or visit support.google.com/nikcollection to call our Customer Service Department Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm PST.

Best Regards,

So what they're basically saying is that it's my fault for choosing to check an option within Lightroom.
Surely it would be better if their software took account of this Lightroom feature and worked with it rather than against it.

I received my free software link today having e-mailed support yesterday. No issues whatsoever, the link just installed on first attempt.

LR4 is a superb piece of software IME, though I know others have had issues with it. However, unless you have a burning desire to spend your cash, then at the most I would say go for Elements rather than full blown Photoshop. I use LR4 for 95% of my processing and use Elements only when I really have to resort to layers.

Is it a case of LR being able to do 90% of what Nik can?

that is exactly as i see it, but as i say others dont. I also have a bunch of free plugins from lightroomkillertips and onone that seem to cover these bases for me

that is exactly as i see it, but as i say others dont. I also have a bunch of free plugins from lightroomkillertips and onone that seem to cover these bases for me

LRKT is great, are onone any good? Thanks

Nik software is excellent and this is a bargain price.
Dfine noise reduction alone is fantastic, especially if you shoot night photography/aurora/high iso stuff.
There are some handy effects in Color efex pro, such as brilliance/warmth, cross balance, cross processing, detail extractor, vignette etc
Viveza is useful too.

Download the free trial if you're unsure and give it a go.

Can you describe how you went about emailing someone and what you said? Did you give out your key over the mail?

I initially posted my query about qualifying for the upgrade here:

https://plus.google.com/u/1/112991908363536599988/posts/dwJAcwuphTa

I was told to contact Customer Services which I did via the email link on Contact Us on the help page:

http://support.google.com/nikcollection/#topic=3039620

I note that the email contact appears to be removed now. In that form there was a space for your licence key. However the response from that only told me that I would need to register my original product via the registration page which no longer exists! I replied to that email asking how I was supposed to register and had a moan on the blog page. Josh Haftel (senior product manager, no less!) told me he would look into it. I received two more emails from the original support person - one telling me I qualified for an upgrade to HDR Efex Pro 2 (!) but would have to register, the second telling me about having to add .exe to the end of the download file if downloaded using Internet Explorer.
Later the same day I got an email from a different person apologising for the earlier messages and telling me that they had registered my product key and sent me the download link.
I think support has probably been overwhelmed by emails, which is why the link has been removed. When I looked at the phone contact page you put in your phone number and they phone you. Reading the blog I think that option only appears during their office hours.

Thanks for the reply. Email sent!

Ian.

I initially posted my query about qualifying for the upgrade here:

https://plus.google.com/u/1/112991908363536599988/posts/dwJAcwuphTa

I was told to contact Customer Services which I did via the email link on Contact Us on the help page:

http://support.google.com/nikcollection/#topic=3039620

I note that the email contact appears to be removed now. In that form there was a space for your licence key. However the response from that only told me that I would need to register my original product via the registration page which no longer exists! I replied to that email asking how I was supposed to register and had a moan on the blog page. Josh Haftel (senior product manager, no less!) told me he would look into it. I received two more emails from the original support person - one telling me I qualified for an upgrade to HDR Efex Pro 2 (!) but would have to register, the second telling me about having to add .exe to the end of the download file if downloaded using Internet Explorer.
Later the same day I got an email from a different person apologising for the earlier messages and telling me that they had registered my product key and sent me the download link.
I think support has probably been overwhelmed by emails, which is why the link has been removed. When I looked at the phone contact page you put in your phone number and they phone you. Reading the blog I think that option only appears during their office hours.

Just an update but I filled out the form in your second link last night and by this morning, I had a download link.

Very helpful - many thanks!

Ian.

F1, I've just subscribed to thank you for sharing your success with Nik support.
I've sent the email, and first received a NO for my copy of Color Efex Pro 3 and then I sent another email with my serial number of an old Color Efex Pro 2 and they sent me the link.

Pretty happy.
Thanks
MCP

F1, I've just subscribed to thank you for sharing your success with Nik support.
I've sent the email, and first received a NO for my copy of Color Efex Pro 3 and then I sent another email with my serial number of an old Color Efex Pro 2 and they sent me the link.

Pretty happy.
Thanks
MCP

Persistence pays off! It seems to depend who you get actioning your email on what the result is.

Thanks Sebastian,

Almost bought this six months ago, but something else came up - delighted I waited now!

Just an update but I filled out the form in your second link last night and by this morning, I had a download link.

Very helpful - many thanks!

Ian.

I'd not heard/had an email from Nik so I followed charlie's advice too and just received my email with the download link.

Happy Chappy!

Got mine too - delighted!

What do most people use Viveza for - I have had a bit of a play with it but not convinced I am getting the most out of it....

Cheers Charlie. I've bookmarked those for later viewing.

Excellent! Thanks - will take a look at these later. Looking forward to comparing HDR Efex to Photomatix!

Is it worth upgrading from Nik Color 3 for the collection ??

is there any valid codes for discount

Is it worth upgrading from Nik Color 3 for the collection ??

If you mean Color Efex 3, and you have a legal version, you should get a free upgrade to the Complete Collection. Read my post above.

Back