Name
Trevor
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
I’m seriously considering this lens for wildlife and BIF. I wondered if anyone had used it for things like butterflies and dragonflies? Given it’s relatively close minimum focusing distance, I thought it might be quite good.
I have a Wimberley Sidekick, so will need an Arca Swiss plate and hope some good soul may be able to suggest a good one. Also, I’ll need a lens case for it, so any recommendations would be most welcome. :)
Many thanks!

Thanks! Do you use a lens case or is your bag big enough? I’ve got a nice backpack, but would need to keep changing the internal dividers around, which would be a pain.
I use a backpack with the D850 & 200-500 in the middle, with a 300 f4 PF VR, TC-14 eiii, Magbeam & speedlight around it (flask and sandwiches in external pockets).
The advantage for me is that I don't vary from this kit hardly at all ... street/candid etc and I would just be using the D850 with lens on a shoulder strap. :)

Thanks for that. My problem is that my bag is full with my landscape kit and filters so need an alternative. I thought of using a large lens case slung over my shoulder.

Thanks for that. My problem is that my bag is full with my landscape kit and filters so need an alternative. I thought of using a large lens case slung over my shoulder.
Time for 2. :D

Time for 2. :D
You’re probably right! :D

Sadly, the offer is finished now and they’re out of stock. I did see it last night, but needed to check with them about the deal, because my nearest JL is about 370 miles round trip. :( The price I pay for living in the wilds of Sutherland!
Thanks for the head’s up though. :ty:

Back