NIKKOR 70-300mm price difference

Name
Bethany
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, I am wondering how places such as NextdayCamera and E-Infinity online camera store can offer such low prices on the 'Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR ' lens, compared to the official stockist.
For example:
NextDayCamera has the lens listed at £190, new unused and with a 2-year warranty, whereas the official Nikon store has this listed at £339.
I cannot find any differences in the lenses apart from this 50% price gap?!
Any help on understanding this would be appreciated

Name
Ant
Edit My Images
No
Hello, I am wondering how places such as NextdayCamera and E-Infinity online camera store can offer such low prices on the 'Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR ' lens, compared to the official stockist.
For example:
NextDayCamera has the lens listed at £190, new unused and with a 2-year warranty, whereas the official Nikon store has this listed at £339.
I cannot find any differences in the lenses apart from this 50% price gap?!
Any help on understanding this would be appreciated
Because NDC and Einfinity are grey imports. Same product 100%

Name
Steve France
Edit My Images
Yes
Cannot find NDC on approved Nikon dealers list, so guess they are 'grey' imports. This may not be an issue, but then again in the event of a problem Nikon my refuse to repair under manufactures warranty. Quick google suggests NDC provide there own warranty !
Trust Pilot makes interesting reading on bad reviews !
But at £190 you pays your money and takes your choice, ( Caveat Emptor) if it was a £2000 lenses I personally would think twice !

Edit My Images
No
Some of it is the VAT and import duty you should be paying (no matter what the grey market exporter claims). For a lens, that's 20% + 6.7%, about £50 on a £190 lens. The rest is the generous margin that Nikon UK, as the official importer, awards itself, and the shop's profit. You can do a bit better than the list price - Grays have it for £309.