NIKKOR 70-300mm price difference

Name
Bethany
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello, I am wondering how places such as NextdayCamera and E-Infinity online camera store can offer such low prices on the 'Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR ' lens, compared to the official stockist.
For example:
NextDayCamera has the lens listed at £190, new unused and with a 2-year warranty, whereas the official Nikon store has this listed at £339.
I cannot find any differences in the lenses apart from this 50% price gap?!
Any help on understanding this would be appreciated

Hello, I am wondering how places such as NextdayCamera and E-Infinity online camera store can offer such low prices on the 'Nikon AF-P DX NIKKOR 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR ' lens, compared to the official stockist.
For example:
NextDayCamera has the lens listed at £190, new unused and with a 2-year warranty, whereas the official Nikon store has this listed at £339.
I cannot find any differences in the lenses apart from this 50% price gap?!
Any help on understanding this would be appreciated
Because NDC and Einfinity are grey imports. Same product 100%

Cannot find NDC on approved Nikon dealers list, so guess they are 'grey' imports. This may not be an issue, but then again in the event of a problem Nikon my refuse to repair under manufactures warranty. Quick google suggests NDC provide there own warranty !
Trust Pilot makes interesting reading on bad reviews !
But at £190 you pays your money and takes your choice, ( Caveat Emptor) if it was a £2000 lenses I personally would think twice !

Some of it is the VAT and import duty you should be paying (no matter what the grey market exporter claims). For a lens, that's 20% + 6.7%, about £50 on a £190 lens. The rest is the generous margin that Nikon UK, as the official importer, awards itself, and the shop's profit. You can do a bit better than the list price - Grays have it for £309.

Back